notactivethunderonly.com >

notactivethunderonly.com

Notices

notactivethunderonly.com

Old 03-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default notactivethunderonly.com

Several things have been suggested in the main forum. I would like to invite a new idea to our board, yours and mine.

Today's idea: Manufacturers.

Do you really not want us involved? And I don't mean just to defend ourselves in misguided allegations. Instead to assist in the education and fun of high performance boating. Do our opinions and ideas matter here or do you feel we are only here to make another sale?

What about this idea: Active Thunder, the manufacturer, stays in the "Active Thunder Owners" forum. We don't cross outside the line if that is where you feel our place should be. Regardless of what bashing occurs, we shut up. However we will openly address your questions and concerns here, in the AT forum.

What would your true feelings be, whether you own a Bayliner, Hyrdrostream or whatever, if we helped you and participated in our own backyard to answer questions? Give our opinions. Offer help. A daily "Dear Abby" from Active Thunder. Would you listen or assume that it was just our sales tool?

A guy wants to know why we use mantex for stringers and our competition tells them it is junk. Want facts or propaganda? Give us a chance....hear our side of the story and listen to yours in a public forum where all of our customers (and non-customers) can input.

You guys heard all the 1956 model Active Thunder Boats had the transoms fall out? Fact or fiction? We answer. If it's a fact and we deny it I am sure we will have a slaughtering. If it's the truth then you will gain good knowledge to help you make an intelligent decision on future purchases. Is that something you would want here?

How about ideas? You know, I only have a handful of customers that offer ideas. New ideas. Better ideas. Wouldn't it be nice to suggest something great that we all have been missing and see it created? Maybe we would get the idea and some of us would wake up and listen to your needs. Build something better for you.

I'm done rambling. We really do try to listen. We attempt to build the best out there and make our customers satisfied. Perhaps that is where their enthusiasm is derived from. It's not pleasant seeing allegations thrown around that are not true or vicious. It's in my nature to respond. However it is not a positive movement on my part or behalf of my company. It's a waste of my time and yours to even acknowldege it.

We welcome your opinions. In this particluar thread we actually are asking our present customers to refrain from alot of "cheerleading" as it has been called. We are really most interested in what the other members and non-AT owners are interested in hearing from the AT-OSO website.

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 03-20-2002 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"It's not pleasant seeing allegations thrown around that are not true or vicious. It's in my nature to respond. However it is not a positive movement on my part or behalf of my company. It's a waste of my time and yours to even acknowldege it."

As a manufacturer I would moniter the board and participate sparingly.

Now, get back to work building those kick azz boats....and let the boats do the talking!

Bruce

Old 03-20-2002, 09:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Exactly what TOO OLD said , voice your opinion when you feel needed, Pat. And absouloutly, no one should be slandering each others boats , period. (I'm calmer tonight, and a little quieter ) Take care gentlemen
Old 03-20-2002, 09:13 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Pat you should post this in the General Forum and see what kind of response you get from non-AT people.
Old 03-20-2002, 09:16 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

and to follow up....

the vocal AT faithful would refrain from posting in the thread you would post in the general forum.

JJ and TD I know, I know...that would be really really hard for you guys...lol
Old 03-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The boats speak loud for themselfs, but some times you just get suckered into it.

I think thats what happened, it seamed like you stayed out as long as you could, but sometimes you gotta let em have it.

Good job Pat.

Randy
Old 03-20-2002, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pat I am in your “House” so speaking frankly Some people are Just too Stupid or Biased to be educated !Your cliental on the other hand are able to think for themselves.(they are with you)! Otherwise they would buy a Ply rot infested Resin bucket and convince themselves that they were happy with Brand X and try to be content on their little flat Earth

What I am seeing on the board is jealousy and that brings out the worst in Man .the fact they try to knock your Product speaks Volumes about their Knowledge .Keep doing what you are doing! Do not look back at them.

Pat you and AT are a class act

Best Regards
Old 03-20-2002, 09:45 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pat, I for one, am VERY happy you spend time on this board . But seriously, one of the great things about this board is the participation of the insiders and manufacturers that make the sport what it is. You have spent more time posting lately and that is a double-edged sword. The company name gets thrown around a lot(all publicity is good publicity), but at the same time you and your product are open to jabs and criticism from the uninformed and unhappy minority.

I hope you and Steve stay around-I really enjoy the trials and tribulations of the poor, overworked AT crew and for those of us that have been following the various boats there is a certain shared excitement as they near completion.

If you decide that OSO participation is not in your best interest then start a board over on your site and we'll all come play over there

Steve can be the webmaster-he needs something else to do
Old 03-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Active Thunder,
I would hope that you continue to post in the General Discussion Area. I appreciate the fact that you take the time to read and respond to peoples concerns. If you or other Manufactures or Businesses posted just in their specific forums I believe a lot of good information would be lost that myself and others would miss out on because I don’t have the time to look at each one individually. I use General Discussion and go from there to follow what might be going on in a particular forum.
I encourage all of the businesses to post and help the people who want to know about their products. Every day I learn something new by visiting OSO about other manufactures and products that I may not be aware of. I have no problem with people showing excitement towards their brand of boat. It exists in everything including sports, automobiles, and brands of beer and on and on. I am on this site because I want to learn who and what is available to me. I want you to market boating related items, services and links. Do what you have been doing all along and help those that want to be helped and forget the few who want to cause trouble.
Sincerely,
Cordell
Old 03-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

When you're as passionate about your work and product as Active Thunder, you get defensive about misinformation and erroneous propaganda. I own a small IT consulting business and get upset when my competition or non-clients are speaking untruths. I understand your passion. You guys should be proud of your close involvement with the boating community. Your products only reflect the ideas and values of this community which will keep you competitive for many years to come. You guys definitely got it RIGHT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.