Speeds on a 37 >

Speeds on a 37

Notices

Speeds on a 37

Old 03-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speeds on a 37

Wanted to ask you guys about the speeds on the 37, I spoke to a guy today and says he only gets 82 out of his boat and has 525's, 2008 hull.Don't they come more or less set up the same way.What I have heard they run 87 to 90 with 525's.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-02-2010, 03:03 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,196 Likes on 520 Posts

85 pretty much every day with just about any option/config.
87 on a good day with no generator and tuned props.
90 with Herrings and no generator.

It all depends on if you are running the boat "Pamilico River" style with no gear, no seat cushions, 2-D cells for batteries, and a Tbsp. of gas; or if you are setup for all the things you need for a full weekend; plus fuel.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Wanted to ask you guys about the speeds on the 37, I spoke to a guy today and says he only gets 82 out of his boat and has 525's, 2008 hull.Don't they come more or less set up the same way.What I have heard they run 87 to 90 with 525's.
Fresh water with 5 blade hydros full gear full fuel 83 - 85 and loves the chop, light fuel no load 2 people 89 but I think it has allot to do with the driver. LOL All kidding aside mid 80's all day long and high 80's when running a bit lighter and a light chop. Has great mid punch and very smooth top end performance. Equally sized and powered boats will not pass you.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
I spoke to a guy today and says he only gets 82 out of his boat and has 525's, 2008 hull.
If that is the best he a can do....he does'nt know how to drive it.

Or a bad set of props.

That the one that just went up in the classifieds?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Once dialed in, like all AT's are............and after 30 or so hours the props or any props are not the same. The trailing edges have become dull just from the water. Also alot has to do with temp of the water, humidity, and temp of the air. Many variables involved. Speed isn't everything..just bragging rights at the bar.. What you want is a good all around prop that will get you up and running quickly, and has better midrange for those mid range pulls. Also check your drive heights.. a 1/2" makes a world of difference.. Good Luck.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Once dialed in, like all AT's are............and after 30 or so hours the props or any props are not the same. The trailing edges have become dull just from the water. Also alot has to do with temp of the water, humidity, and temp of the air. Many variables involved. Speed isn't everything..just bragging rights at the bar.. What you want is a good all around prop that will get you up and running quickly, and has better midrange for those mid range pulls. Also check your drive heights.. a 1/2" makes a world of difference.. Good Luck.
Jeff was that you in the power play in miami ?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
No speeds are not everything, but sure is fun the faster you go,have always like the Active Thunder, think it's a great performance boat with a great cabin.Concept up for sale and guess going to put Superboat up soon as Concept sells.If it was a few feet bigger would keep it, best riding boat in that size and fast 95mph.But to small.so looking at the 37 Active or Top gun,outerlimits. Speed 37 is around the same as the Top Gun, but slower the the 39 Outerlimits.But has the best cabin out of all of them.How is the ride to those 2 other boats?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Miami to Pompano in Monsoon, a 496 powered 37....Ask Sydwayz about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VplRUGOW8hQ
Old 03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a longer version on my YouTube acct. 25AT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.