Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Ok Just for fun. >

Ok Just for fun.

Notices

Ok Just for fun.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How big is this rough as a cob water, didn't look to big in the video.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice vids! love the Gro Pro stuff. Looks like the AT's and the Ciggies are both fast. I have only seen a couple AT's up close and they look really nice for sure. Going back to the comment on the weight between the Glad and 37 AT, I think they are closer than you think in weight. A Glad is defintely heavier than 7K lbs more like 9K+ loaded up. They are very heavy duty. But anyway, it would be cool to see and all out drag race between the two with equal power. Good stuff!
Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Just watched part 4. What's up with all those boats hosing you down? Your AT crushes the rough. I think that heavy cabin helped you. Maybe I will look into Active Thunder when it is time to upsize! What speeds are we looking at or is that an unmentionable?
We picked our line to run the inside line with Dino and instead of trying to cut off the other boats turning out we decided to have some fun and run through the wash, (was actually funny as hell in the cockpit) it was a mixed bag of 3-4's with rollers coming in, hard to tell when you are running 100+. I have been very impressed with the wave crushing ability of these boats from day one when Pat the owner of A/T personally took us out for a Demo ride in the open ocean, he sold us on these boats and where ready to order ours on the spot, but due to the current economic times opted to pick up a used one and rerig it to our tastes, best decision we have ever made. We put in saturday morning at Bolles harbor in 6 + footers and never once had to slow down, we ran the run and ran it back to Bolles sunday morning with 1/2 tanks of fuel left, pretty cool. If you would like I would be happy to take you for a ride one day so you can feel the difference, we are proud members of the A/T Cult and love running with the group. Running with Dino was the highlight of the event and I dont think we will ever have a better time and will gauge all future runs against it, I cant say Thank you enough for one hell of a good run. Thank you Dino you are a class act ! Laszlo
Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally got to ran fast in some 3-4 footers the boat rides great.. the faster the better it got.. AWESOME boats!!! I think they are by far the best bang for the buck!.. I think I will just keep mine... and that is saying a lot from someone who has had a different brand the last 7+years... (inc cig) I hear every time im out its the "prettiest boat on the lake!"
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by laszlo01
We picked our line to run the inside line with Dino and instead of trying to cut off the other boats turning out we decided to have some fun and run through the wash, (was actually funny as hell in the cockpit) it was a mixed bag of 3-4's with rollers coming in, hard to tell when you are running 100+. I have been very impressed with the wave crushing ability of these boats from day one when Pat the owner of A/T personally took us out for a Demo ride in the open ocean, he sold us on these boats and where ready to order ours on the spot, but due to the current economic times opted to pick up a used one and rerig it to our tastes, best decision we have ever made. We put in saturday morning at Bolles harbor in 6 + footers and never once had to slow down, we ran the run and ran it back to Bolles sunday morning with 1/2 tanks of fuel left, pretty cool. If you would like I would be happy to take you for a ride one day so you can feel the difference, we are proud members of the A/T Cult and love running with the group. Running with Dino was the highlight of the event and I dont think we will ever have a better time and will gauge all future runs against it, I cant say Thank you enough for one hell of a good run. Thank you Dino you are a class act ! Laszlo
The Gladiator at the end of video 4 runs 100+?
Old 09-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HIGH PRESSURE
The Gladiator at the end of video 4 runs 100+?
Jason, we already slowed down by then.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
How big is this rough as a cob water, didn't look to big in the video.
It never does in a video but these are my waters and believe me, no one is exaggerating here. That lake can get downright nasty as can the western end of Lake Erie. It's not predictable rollers either. It is a big mess with uneven wave height and lots of holes. Watch some of the other boats bouncing all over the place before they stop trying to keep up!
Old 09-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Actually, Bond had a Cafe Racer.
Yup, and the actual boat is on Grand. One of the few Cafe's with a notched transom.

Just remember, there is a reason that all others compare themselves to Cig.

#1 all the way........
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM
A.T. Cult Member #4
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Never saw Bond in a Cig. He knew better about water vs. mass and speed and the basics of center of gravity.
Sorry Pat.. I am a bit of a movie buff and a huge Bond Fan.. He was driving a Cafe in License to Kill with Timothy Dalton..

You should see if they could use a A/T for their next movie!
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
It never does in a video but these are my waters and believe me, no one is exaggerating here. That lake can get downright nasty as can the western end of Lake Erie. It's not predictable rollers either. It is a big mess with uneven wave height and lots of holes. Watch some of the other boats bouncing all over the place before they stop trying to keep up!
I run Lake Michigan every weekend, so I know all about rough mixed up water! That AT sure did smooth the waves out. I have ridden in and driven Boat Freaks 37' at speeds near and I can tell you they are awesome boat. Definately on my short list for when I go bigger!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.