Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
25' Hull Strakes >

25' Hull Strakes

Notices

25' Hull Strakes

Old 11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I will try that, its supposed to be high 60's here on Tuesday. I love all this boating into late November.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
I would pull the spacer.
Ok, pulled the spacer. Well, put a standard drive on, same thing right. The boat still porpoised at speeds above 60, prop slip was high and had a mini rooster going, never trimmed past neutral.

Any Ideas? What is the standard drive depth on the 25's? Also what is the measurement from the end of the lower strake to the transom on the 25'? anybody.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

Are you playing on flat water?
My 28 did the same thing, hated flat stuff.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cosmic12
Are you playing on flat water?
My 28 did the same thing, hated flat stuff.
Yes, usually. I understand, the boat loves a good chop. But when its calm, it looks like I don't know how to drive a boat.... Its bad.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by My Addiction
Ok, pulled the spacer. Well, put a standard drive on, same thing right. The boat still porpoised at speeds above 60, prop slip was high and had a mini rooster going, never trimmed past neutral.

Any Ideas? What is the standard drive depth on the 25's? Also what is the measurement from the end of the lower strake to the transom on the 25'? anybody.
Porpoise the same, worse or better?

Tabs aren't the answer but what happens if you drop them a little?

Throw the P5s back on for grins as well.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Registered

Porpoise was not noticeably worse or better, the same I guess.

The tabs don't change much until I lower them enough to plow the bow, which slows the speed dramatically: porpoise at 62mph at 4200 rpms. plows 62 mph around 4800rpm; thats with the spacer and labbed 28 B1.

Its getting cold up here in MD, but I'll try and make it out again. I'm usually winterized by now.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:30 AM
Registered

You have to run the spacer. With out it X dimension is to high, you will burn out the prop. I was always able to stop the porpoising with very little trim and dropping the tabs just a click. I do remember that that boat does not like to cruise in flat water in the 48-52 MPH range. If you try cruiseing at 45 or 55 ish the porpoise goes away. I never had porpoise at WOT. EVER. You may want to try a 1.75 or even a 2" spacer you would be able to give it a little more trim without the cavatation. Also wieght never changed much with that hull. Congrats on the radar run! Hope this info helps.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by chaos
You have to run the spacer. With out it X dimension is to high, you will burn out the prop. I was always able to stop the porpoising with very little trim and dropping the tabs just a click. I do remember that that boat does not like to cruise in flat water in the 48-52 MPH range. If you try cruiseing at 45 or 55 ish the porpoise goes away. I never had porpoise at WOT. EVER. You may want to try a 1.75 or even a 2" spacer you would be able to give it a little more trim without the cavatation. Also wieght never changed much with that hull. Congrats on the radar run! Hope this info helps.
Thanks Rob,
I do remember you telling me that about the calm water, and thats why I left it alone for so long, but now its time to figure something out.
Didn't you put the spacer on? Did the boat have a spacer when you got it?

You had a lot more power, that propably help hold the bow up at WOT? I think I will try an locate a bigger spacer over the winter. Winterized yesterday. Done

Nick
Old 11-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Registered

I have a labbed 28 Bravo One that came on my 25Active Thunder with a HP500 you can buy
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by islandman
I have a labbed 28 Bravo One that came on my 25Active Thunder with a HP500 you can buy
Thanks, but I have a labbed 28, thats my high speed prop. It works very well for me, other than the porpoise.

Still curious about the measurements previously listed, if any of you 25 guys want to help me out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.