Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
My new (to me) 32 >

My new (to me) 32

Notices

My new (to me) 32

Old 05-16-2002, 05:10 PM
ssherman

Excursion,

How are you powered? i have ran all types of 32 with and with out notches with and with out extension boxes light lay ups and heavy ones everything from stock 390 hp 502 carbs to 900 hp blower motors and the one constant i can say is the boat doesnt require much positive trim to get the nose up and the tabs at nuetral have always been plenty for me ( ihave the long ones) I run in LOTO water at 1/2 to 1 below nuetral on the tabs and 1 to 1/2 above nuetral on the drives and just let it rip and try to control the boat with the throttle i rarely adjust the trim while running hard. In 8-10 seas in Miami i ran everything nuetral and averaged 72 mph in those seas. On a flat water drag race tabs up and drives out and a little magic on the wheel to keep the chine walk out and was able to muster an 88 mph radar clocking in full pleasure trim on a 95+ degree day on loto(lake of the ozarks fresh water)

Old 05-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boat is powered by HP500 carbs. with notched transom,standard k-planes, not many options in the cabin. just the standard.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Congrates James

I am glad you stuck it out and bought a Thunder, you will like it.

Sorry things didn't work out with us, but I had to go with who said they wanted it first.

See ya on the water some day

Randy
Old 05-17-2002, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats Excursion, we are all hoping to make it to the Thunder run this and the more the better Welcome to the family, you will definetly have a fun summer Post some pics when you pick her up, thanks.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:39 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!!!! Welcome to our disfunctional bunch! See you at the Thunder Run!
Old 05-19-2002, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Randy I dont blame you a bit I would have done the same thing. I knew the only boat that I wanted was a thirty-two. The good thing was the boat I bought was only one and a half hours away in Maryland. Did you get the other boat?

I had it at the poker run on Smith Mountain Lake , temp at 65, white caps, cooler, 4 people and at WOT the boat was hitting the rev limiter , 28 bravos, the boat was running around 81-82 on Gps. Should I step up the props to 30's?

Everyone that I talked to was right, it handles great.
I will try and talk with Pat tomorrow about the boat.

I do need a swim platform any pointers?
Old 05-19-2002, 09:53 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

PICTURES!!!
Old 05-20-2002, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excursion,

sounds like you are getting to know your boat real well. I would first ask Pat or Steve at AT if they can get you a platform for your boat. If that does not work than I would suggest you post on the general board. I used Extreme Marine for my first platform and it was great. I used them for my second one for my 37 and what a cluster puck. They shipped it across the country first insetead of to Florida where it was origionally to go, they shipped it in a cardboard box and it got all damaged, then to top it off the pucker does notr fit. The steering rams hit. Luyckily for me the guys at AT are so good to me and are going to cut it to fit, repaint it, and install it back on the boat.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:47 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excursion,

My 32' with 500 HP's runs about the same as yours. I would wait til the heat of the summer 80+deg before buying new props. You will come off the rev limiter as the weather heats up. Heavy chop, 3-4 footers I run 5 on tabs(3 is even with the bottom) and 3 on drives. In smooth water drives on 5 to cruise, 6-7 at WOT and tabs up. It's a good boat, enjoy it. I do!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 06:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Tom, haven't talked with you in a while. How was the TIC FA 200. Have any pics, I wish I could have made it, almost finished about another month, take care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.