A/T's in Rough water >

A/T's in Rough water

Notices

A/T's in Rough water

Old 05-17-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Was not a pleasure ride for sure, got stuck out at the island and had to make it home, wasnt to bad when we departed but somewhere in the middle it was horrible. The point i was tring to make is it was great to have such a good rough water boat underneath us when the **** hit the fan. Some people just dont want to understand that I guess.
that's good , it's alway's good to no that you have one of the best boat's out there so when **** happen's you no you will get home .
mike
Old 05-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is impresive. i have been in 12 footers twice in my life and that is a scary expirence. My 42 Sonic was lucky to do 20 to 25 MPH in that, but I have never rode in an AT so that may be what makes all the difference. Glad you made it back OK.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered

Ive seen lake erie with 8 to 10 big ugly rollers and took my 32 a/t out in about 6' rollers next morning running 40/45 mph and theres a big size and weight difference in a 32 and a 37 so i beleve every word laz says. The non belevers dont have a boat to do that so it is what it is.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Madcow
Wow, that is impresive. i have been in 12 footers twice in my life and that is a scary expirence. My 42 Sonic was lucky to do 20 to 25 MPH in that, but I have never rode in an AT so that may be what makes all the difference. Glad you made it back OK.
it all depend's on how your running the wave's . he was running in the trough's " between the wave's in the valley " if you where to be running straight into the wave's or they where coming from behind you it would be a different story .
mike
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts

Some people just dont want to understand that I guess.
I do want to understand. Post up that video!!!!!! That's quite an impressive feat for anything other that an APACHE to attempt, much less conquer!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I do want to understand. Post up that video!!!!!! That's quite an impressive feat for anything other that an APACHE to attempt, much less conquer!!!!
Sorry the short clip was shot heading out, couldnt shoot in the heavy rough stuff. And there was no way in hell we would have made it trying to run head into them, you have to know what you are doing in those kind of sea conditions. Just plain nasty
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Ive seen lake erie with 8 to 10 big ugly rollers and took my 32 a/t out in about 6' rollers next morning running 40/45 mph and theres a big size and weight difference in a 32 and a 37 so i beleve every word laz says. The non belevers dont have a boat to do that so it is what it is.
I guess I'm basing a lot of my opinion on the NOAA bouy off Cleveland that never saw a wave over 8' high on Sunday. But hey, that is still big water boating.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
Yeah I'm sure your right about that. 37 AT is probably SOOOOO much more boat than a 42 Sonoc. Good point. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Madcow
I guess I'm basing a lot of my opinion on the NOAA bouy off Cleveland that never saw a wave over 8' high on Sunday. But hey, that is still big water boating.
This was at the S/W Basin between west sister and the marker Bouy Madcow. The noaa wave height bouy at cleveland recorded 11' as well. And I was out there looking up at them so what is the deal ? Seriously ?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:44 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Official NOAA Buoy report is at 11' wave heights at Avon Point, was not fun and when in the troughs was over our heads. My co crew member is over 6' and even he was looking up at them. We ran 3000 rpm at 42 mph from PIB to Bolles in under an hour bow high and it dosnt matter how you set it up you will get soaked in those kinds of conditions. The A/T never once pounded and got some serious air at times, Luckily we where able run East to West with the winds and waves coming from the North East at 27 knots. Trust me not at all fun but this boat ROCKS !
Sounds like fun !! How far you guys from Montreal ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.