Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Jobbie Nooner and a Stereo Problem.. >

Jobbie Nooner and a Stereo Problem..

Notices

Jobbie Nooner and a Stereo Problem..

Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jobbie Nooner and a Stereo Problem..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We went out to Jobbie Nooner on Friday. Despite the rain and 67 deg weather, it was a good time. There was probably a few thousand people out there.

I recently purchased a Sony Xplod Marine Stereo for my tantrum. This was to replace the old Pioneer car stereo it came with. After working fine for a few hours the stereo began to shut off and turn on again. At first it was once every 5 minutes, now it is every 5 seconds. This pretty much ended the show that was going on at the rear of the boat^. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Had the same problem with the Pioneer radio every once in a while, that's why it was repaced.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you running amps? Sounds like you are overheating or overloading whatever is powering your speakers. Either that or something is wired wrong, maybe too many speakers per channel dropping ohm load etc.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Registered

My explodes about five years old,started doing the same thing last year, now the volume on the wired remote stopped working, a buddy with the same exact set up had the same problems. I guess its time for some upgrades for us. Holiday w/ends coming get er done. Good Luck
Old 06-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

You may be running out of juice at your amps and/or HU. I've have to upgrade my hot feed from my battery as I am dropping voltage at my amps on heavy bass notes, even AFTER my capacitor.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:32 PM
Registered

is your amp shutting off, or is the head unit turning off? As mentioned, use a volt meter and see what the voltage at whatever is cutting off is. If the voltage drops below 12, that will cause either to shut down.

Let us know what you find, and I can make recommendations to correct it. Don't buy any new equipment yet, unless you just want the excuse to do so

- Mark
Old 06-28-2011, 07:20 AM
Registered

What Mark said... If you are loosing power to the head unit, then you will have a different problem than if your audio is clipping.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can we get some more detailed pictures of the "show that was going on at the rear"?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered

I have a "Kenetic" marine grade battery. Dont need caps. Running over 5200 watts in the Sonic. Zero gauage power cable from the engine room to the amps up front. 4 Guage from the "D Blocks" to the amps. No problems, but I can also pull in 3 other batteries also if needed. All Alpine & Kicker stuff.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SS930
Can we get some more detailed pictures of the "show that was going on at the rear"?
Agreed. I can not diagnose an electrical issue until we see more pics of the jobbie nooner partying.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
I have a "Kenetic" marine grade battery. Dont need caps. Running over 5200 watts in the Sonic. Zero gauage power cable from the engine room to the amps up front. 4 Guage from the "D Blocks" to the amps. No problems, but I can also pull in 3 other batteries also if needed. All Alpine & Kicker stuff.
I believe I saw you pullin' the Sonic on 50 Eastbound this past weekend lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.