Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   Sydwayz survived the storm. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/261145-sydwayz-survived-storm.html)

ActiveThunder 08-27-2011 06:05 PM

Sydwayz survived the storm.

Just talked to Brian. The generator is running and he is getting ready to fire up the blender.

Hang in there buddy! It looks ugly on TV! :eek:

ACTIVESHACK 08-27-2011 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 3489843)
Just talked to Brian. The generator is running and he is getting ready to fire up the blender.

Hang in there buddy! It looks ugly on TV! :eek:

According to my neighbors I have still have water over my pier on low tide. Should be way up at 1am at high tide. Power out and generator running. Beautiful here at LOTO today :drink:

ActiveThunder 08-27-2011 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK (Post 3489880)
According to my neighbors I have still have water over my pier on low tide. Should be way up at 1am at high tide. Power out and generator running. Beautiful here at LOTO today :drink:

Man, you didn't even stay to see it? :evilb:

tomtbone1993 08-27-2011 07:56 PM

glad he is OK

t500hps 08-27-2011 08:57 PM

I too am running on generator power just 15-20 miles from Brian.......even though I lost an entire tree in the front yard this hasn't been as bad as Isabel in 2003. River flooding (right around the corner from Activeshacks) so far has been much less as well. Tonight will tell, or rather tomorrow when I get down there will.

ActiveThunder 08-27-2011 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 3489944)
I too am running on generator power just 15-20 miles from Brian.......even though I lost an entire tree in the front yard this hasn't been as bad as Isabel in 2003. River flooding (right around the corner from Activeshacks) so far has been much less as well. Tonight will tell, or rather tomorrow when I get down there will.

New moon doesn't help you guys at all!

Sydwayz 08-27-2011 09:47 PM

It's been an eventful day. Pool overflowed, and I had to tackle wthe solar cover as it floated/blew across the yard. MS got stranded this afternoon on the other side of downed trees about 1/4 mile from the house; had to clear them out of the way.

Just got in from having the bejeezus scared out of me. There were about 5 cars trapped on our road between downed trees. I have no idea why they were out there. I was clearing the second tree, and just barerly heard the cracking of a third, about 14" in diameter, as it fell about 15 feet from me. Made one lane passable, and got the hell out of there. Bud Light Lime is a great tranquilizer!

OCDACTIVE 08-28-2011 06:12 AM

Glad to hear you are ok! Just starting here but not supposed to be near as bad as what you went through. All our best to you all!

rchevelle71 08-28-2011 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3489966)
It's been an eventful day. Pool overflowed, and I had to tackle wthe solar cover as it floated/blew across the yard. MS got stranded this afternoon on the other side of downed trees about 1/4 mile from the house; had to clear them out of the way.

Just got in from having the bejeezus scared out of me. There were about 5 cars trapped on our road between downed trees. I have no idea why they were out there. I was clearing the second tree, and just barerly heard the cracking of a third, about 14" in diameter, as it fell about 15 feet from me. Made one lane passable, and got the hell out of there. Bud Light Lime is a great tranquilizer!

Glad your OK Brian, try adding a Lime to a Miller light, thats my regular:drink:

Roger 1 08-28-2011 03:59 PM

Glad to hear that you are ok Brian. Rescuing a damsel in distress because of downed trees gets you two punches on your man card! If you used a chainsaw you get three.......five if you used an ax!:ernaehrung004: