AT's in classifieds

Notices

AT's in classifieds

Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
That 37/700 w/100 hrs boat for only 152k just set the market!
I disagree with that phrase, "set the market" in this use case.

Does the bankrupt/short sale house on the block set the market for all of them in the neighborhood? If it's been vacant a year, someone broke in, graffiti tagged whole place, and stole all the copper, well--there goes the neighborhood

And when was the last time anyone got offered or paid asking price for ANYTHING put up for sale?

If you are buying a Volkswagen Beetle Convertible, and there are 17 of them in a 25 mile radius, you can play them off of one another for price. But if there are only a dozen boats in the country, all with WIDELY varying attributes--not the case. Even the trailer can sway value $10K.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That 37/700 w/100 hrs boat for only 152k just set the market!
Not really. I think the majority of the 37 prospects want the 525s. I have always been surprised by the lack of phone calls on this boat from the day we built it.

Basically when it sells we will be building a 33 with the extended cockpit and a pair of Merc 300s to use for marketing.

Gotta do something besides building a center console!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Not really. I think the majority of the 37 prospects want the 525s. I have always been surprised by the lack of phone calls on this boat from the day we built it.

Basically when it sells we will be building a 33 with the extended cockpit and a pair of Merc 300s to use for marketing.

I think you are on a great track with that!
Old 02-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Does this one set the market for 32s then?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...er-57-a-6.html
Old 02-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I disagree with that phrase, "set the market" in this use case.

Does the bankrupt/short sale house on the block set the market for all of them in the neighborhood? If it's been vacant a year, someone broke in, graffiti tagged whole place, and stole all the copper, well--there goes the neighborhood

And when was the last time anyone got offered or paid asking price for ANYTHING put up for sale?

If you are buying a Volkswagen Beetle Convertible, and there are 17 of them in a 25 mile radius, you can play them off of one another for price. But if there are only a dozen boats in the country, all with WIDELY varying attributes--not the case. Even the trailer can sway value $10K.
Brian your reasoning is non sequitor......The 700 boat is mint, low hours and 152K asking price.....not by any means a foreclosure/short sale.

My comment meant that if the baddest 37 ever built by the factory is now 152k with low hours, then the 525 boats with twice the hours on them are not getting their asking prices in the 120-130K range and the whipple boat is absolutely not happening at that asking price.

As far as trailers, your argument might matter if the buyer did a lot of traveling but the inexpensive trailer under the 700 boat certainly wouldn't sway a buyer to buy a 525/XR boat instead because it has a pretty trailer!
In the case of a rack storage/lift storage owner the trailer really doesn't matter whether it is a brand new Myco or a yard trailer.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

No way would a buyer go with 525's over a lower hour pair of 700's/NXT's if the price difference is 15-20K. Heck a set of bravo replacements would cost more than that!

I like the boat, the salmon/copper color might be holding some buyers back but as a whole it is the best bang for the buck out there. Good luck with the sale!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If credit was not such a pain in the ass to get for a boat these days, Id put 20k down and finance it tomorrow. I love that boat and I can afford it with no problem but to many business propertys and others keep me from getting credit to buy it. I think the whole credit thing is a big issue these days for selling boats or any expensive toys or you would not see so many great deals out there for sale for years.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No way would a buyer go with 525's over a lower hour pair of 700's/NXT's if the price difference is 15-20K. Heck a set of bravo replacements would cost more than that!

I like the boat, the salmon/copper color might be holding some buyers back but as a whole it is the best bang for the buck out there. Good luck with the sale!
I have to be honest with you. I put the boat and the price out there just to see if the phone would ring.

I have put out offers on 2 body shops your way and further north. I love to build boats but this is coming back too slowly for my taste considering most of my competition is duck soup.

Did anybody really vote for Obama?

Last edited by ActiveThunder; 02-06-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian your reasoning is non sequitor......The 700 boat is mint, low hours and 152K asking price.....not by any means a foreclosure/short sale.

My comment meant that if the baddest 37 ever built by the factory is now 152k with low hours, then the 525 boats with twice the hours on them are not getting their asking prices in the 120-130K range and the whipple boat is absolutely not happening at that asking price.

As far as trailers, your argument might matter if the buyer did a lot of traveling but the inexpensive trailer under the 700 boat certainly wouldn't sway a buyer to buy a 525/XR boat instead because it has a pretty trailer!
In the case of a rack storage/lift storage owner the trailer really doesn't matter whether it is a brand new Myco or a yard trailer.
If your really in the market which I know your not make an offer on mine lol. I'm getting out of the boat business and moving to Aspen so put your money where your fingertips are expert !
Old 02-06-2013, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did anybody really vote for Obama?
Nobody I associate with

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.