Hull Blue Printing

Notices

Hull Blue Printing

Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hull Blue Printing

Anybody had their hull blue printed? If so - did you see any gains or advantages over how it came from the factory? Any idea on price?

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the bigger boats had alot more labor put into the finnished product over the smaller boats. My Tantrum had a hook in it. After I had it blue printed, it had more bow lift(and we did not put any rocker in it)It did not feel so stuck to the water. As far as top speed, I'm not sure what I picked up because I made other changes at the same time. If you are looking for every MPH I would do it. It also depends on how fast you are going. If its a 65 MPH boat I do not think it would make as much a difference as a 100 MPH boat. It's easy to see how bad(or good) your hull is just by useing a straight edge. Hope this helps
Old 02-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Its really for a couple of reasons. I am going through the engines again this winter, it might be a good time to look at it. So I am looking for the best performance. The boat also leans to one side when up and running. Not sure if its a weight distribution problem, prop issue or if it can be attributed to the hull.
Any ideas?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 1980Condor460
Its really for a couple of reasons. I am going through the engines again this winter, it might be a good time to look at it. So I am looking for the best performance. The boat also leans to one side when up and running. Not sure if its a weight distribution problem, prop issue or if it can be attributed to the hull.
Any ideas?
Which AT do you own??
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default 1999 37

1999 37 AVH

Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I would start by useing something as a straight edge, hold it up against the hull from front to back. look for light between the straight edge and the hull. Look at the last 6 or 8 feet at different places moving it up the v
Old 02-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1980Condor460
Any ideas?
I'm no expert here, but if it does not lean at idle, or sitting in the slip, I'd think the cause of the lean is not be due to weight distribution. While looking at the hull, don't overlook the drives, props, and tabs.