Notices

Tantrum Stuff

Old 07-09-2013, 03:29 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Got it running saturday ....needs injectors, have a couple that are stuck, dirty, fuked up! but it does look goood! Come on Young!! 4 posts in 4 years!!! Did you get my text the other day?
Old 07-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by state1310
mine is nothing like that . i want some of those flip up screens . 1 thing im curious about on my tantrum . what are the 4 switches under the bench ?
Originally Posted by Sydwayz
4 Switches are circuit breakers for the large electrical components; i.e. starter, drive and tab trim.

There have been a few different cabin configurations over the years pending original owner options and intended use. That's why AT is a CUSTOM builder; exactly like nothing else.

I have no idea on the font, Pat may know.

Pat had a large stash of the wind deflectors left, but he sold them to the person who use to do his powdercoating. He may still have access to them, but I am not sure. They pop up in the swap shop here on OSO from time to time. Many Cigarette owners take them off when they go to a solid windscreen. There are several sizes out there; so make sure you measure what area you are trying to install them on/in.
I got three of those wind flaps off my 30' Cigarette Mystique, I repainted them yellow and never used them don't need them, built a wind screen instead...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Humm, where did the dang summer go ugh. Well I'm curious if anyone has any decent ideas what the swim platform/transom can safely support ? What I am curious about is if I could safely put a decent jet ski on it when towing, any ideas ? I know the safest choice is probably put it in the bed of the truck but not sure how I would get it out at the lake once there and even then I could only haul the 1 and was hoping to take 2 if my Cumberland Poker Run trip works out. If anyone got any other ideas how to get skis and a boat someplace at the same time I'd be interested to hear as maybe I'm overlooking the easy/best option ?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,210 Likes on 524 Posts

No, do not put a jet-ski on the swim platform. (I assume you are talking about a stand-up.) Even if it could support it statically; the additional down-force of the trailer bouncing down the highway would cause the most damage and by no means worth the risk.

Best solution would be to rent an SUV and tow them down, or even throw one in the back of the SUV if you only have a single trailer. Some folks have scooter mounts on the front of their trailers, and you could potentially do the same with a couple of stand-ups provided the trailer could handle it the weight; and your tow vehicle the additional tongue weight. Several trailer manufacturers will build combo trailers.

Some pics:
https://www.google.com/search?q=jet%...&tbm=isch&um=1
Old 08-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedRider69
Humm, where did the dang summer go ugh. Well I'm curious if anyone has any decent ideas what the swim platform/transom can safely support ? What I am curious about is if I could safely put a decent jet ski on it when towing, any ideas ? I know the safest choice is probably put it in the bed of the truck but not sure how I would get it out at the lake once there and even then I could only haul the 1 and was hoping to take 2 if my Cumberland Poker Run trip works out. If anyone got any other ideas how to get skis and a boat someplace at the same time I'd be interested to hear as maybe I'm overlooking the easy/best option ?
Dont do it! One ski, put in bed of truck you can have a rack made that bolts to truck frame and slides out so youi dont have to go as deep. Down side is your limited to one ski. I would build a rack off the front of the trailer over the bow of the boat. With boat off the trailer, the rack would pivot down/back after pulling safety pins and with help of a winch mounted to front of trailer. I have seen sand rails, quads and skis carried this way. Hope this helps. Jaime
Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Registered

Yep thats bout what I figured and actually I wasn't the originator of the idea it was mentioned to me and I thought humm, might as well ask. Thanks for the info, I do like the modified trailers but not worth the hassle let alone the expense. I have 2 tow vehicles so easier and safer to take them separately just thought maybe someone had a good brainstorming session had a super idea. Dang physics always gets in the way LOL !