supercharged 1998 Tantrum going thru local repo auction

Notices

supercharged 1998 Tantrum going thru local repo auction

Old 06-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default supercharged 1998 Tantrum going thru local repo auction

I buy a few things from this repo auction and saw this and thought I would post it here for your entertainment, I have saw similar boats go thru for 15,000 or so so will be interesting where the price goes on this, 405 hrs with some kind of Weiand supercharger w/ dual 4bbls, enjoy, I already have a boat so I have no interest in buying this, Smitty
http://auction.repocast.com/details....1309451#photos
is it a merc sc 800 ? Boat only has little steering stabilizers on it with big power, no full hyd!
Attached Thumbnails supercharged 1998 Tantrum going thru local repo auction-75804%25207-11%2520063.jpg  
Old 06-23-2013, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Stuff on Repocast or Rip off cast as I call it tends to go for big money. I believe that they bid up the auctions. Things will "sell" this week and be back on again in a month. Looks like a nice boat if I didn't just buy one I would wait and see what it goes for. Don't forget the buyers fee on top of the price.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

i looked at this boat last year. Its clean. All maintenance is done by CK Motorsports. Call him and he can answer any questions im sure.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by JerrodGlover
Stuff on Repocast or Rip off cast as I call it tends to go for big money. I believe that they bid up the auctions. Things will "sell" this week and be back on again in a month. Looks like a nice boat if I didn't just buy one I would wait and see what it goes for. Don't forget the buyers fee on top of the price.
I am a bit suspicious of goings on too, they advertise stuff as no reserve but you see it go back thru when it doesn't meet reserve, you will often see a little disclaimer on bottom of a ad that say's "high bid subject to bank approval". A few weeks ago a 42 fountain went thru, I was down there picking up some other stuff I bought and took a look at it,, the yard guy told me I'm not supposed to tell anyone but the owner won't take less than 85,000 for it. I bid on it to around 45,000 and someone out bid me by a little but they will refuse the sale saying the "bank didn't approve the bid" when actually its just a private owner sale and guy isn't going to give it away so it will probably go back thru again.
Something to keep in mind is this stuff is as is/where is, motor could have a rod knock, broken crank or freeze damage and its still yours if your high bidder so you have to NOT think the stuff is turn key and bid like it will need a drive or rebuild because NOTHING says it doesn't, Smitty
Old 07-09-2013, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok What's it worth?
Old 07-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Plus you can only tell so much form pictures. I must say I like the sunpad and paint scheme.