Notices

Crickets

Old 11-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Crickets

Am I the only one that has been hearing the crickets around here lately? Some of our friends just got back from Key West so where are the videos or at least pics? Pat did you get a GoPro before you went?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Agree. I need stories or pictures or something. Already getting boring this winter...no snow yet...
Old 11-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Agree. I need stories or pictures or something. Already getting boring this winter...no snow yet...
We got a couple of inches on Monday, another dusting this afternoon. Northern Wi. supposed to get another 6" tonite and the UP snow machine is turned on! Just gotta get those guys in orange with guns out of the woods. Maybe since nobody wants to talk boats we could change it to the Active Thunder Snow Forum!
Old 11-27-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 509 SC
Maybe since nobody wants to talk boats we could change it to the Active Thunder Snow Forum!
Old 11-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Calm yourself Mike. Just think back about THIS day and how nice it was! Honestly...probably the best day of boating I had all year...and there were a LOT of good days.

Day AFTER Boyne Thunder...Michelle and I along with teamsynergy Todd and his wife and daughter met up initially with Blue Oval Bob Mathers at the State Park a couple miles out of Boyne City on Lake Charlevoix. We hung there for a bit, then went to The Landings for lunch, hooking up with Wrinkleface Tracy and Paul Rose, our friends Howard and Erica in their Black Thunder, and Stu and Jackie Jones. Stu used my boat for a backdrop in a segment for Powerboating in Paradise. We then ran back to Boyne City to drop Todd and his family, then headed back to the same beach, where boatfreak and his whole crew were hanging along with the Mathers. Absolutely GORGEOUS day, beautiful clear water, good rum and good people. Around 4 pm, I called up to Charlevoix and got a slip at the marina in Round Lake...we said our goodbyes, headed 13 miles up Lake Char, slipped in, and, after cleaning up and drinking MORE rum, headed off to dinner with Wrinkleface, RT930Turbo, Bigboat28, and ss230mag. Back in the boat afterwards, we enjoyed a nightcap and watched a DVD of the inaugural Chicago Poker Run in 2005 (our very first BIG poker run event). It was a great reflection on how far we've come, and how many awesome people we've met along the way.
Attached Thumbnails Crickets-715.jpg   Crickets-716.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered

That's what I'm talkn bout........Boating.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was a good week, the weather was fantastic, the area Charlevoix\Boyne was fantastic. I wish we could have met up with more OSOer's but because we didn't do the poker run we weren't able to get a slip in Boyne, and we had to leave on Sunday so we didn't get to hang out and meet to many people.

I was able to talk to a few people Friday night at the dock in Boyne, but my timing was bad as we hit stereo wars so everyone was busy and the docks were just a zoo. I did get to meet Sommerfliesby, and TeamSynergy (I think,Sonic guy). We are already planning to come back next year.

Someday when I grow up and get a bigger boat I want to do the run like all the big kids... but until then I'll just have to cheer everyone on
Old 11-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dukedonzi
That was a good week, the weather was fantastic, the area Charlevoix\Boyne was fantastic. I wish we could have met up with more OSOer's but because we didn't do the poker run we weren't able to get a slip in Boyne, and we had to leave on Sunday so we didn't get to hang out and meet to many people.

I was able to talk to a few people Friday night at the dock in Boyne, but my timing was bad as we hit stereo wars so everyone was busy and the docks were just a zoo. I did get to meet Sommerfliesby, and TeamSynergy (I think,Sonic guy). We are already planning to come back next year.

Someday when I grow up and get a bigger boat I want to do the run like all the big kids... but until then I'll just have to cheer everyone on
Yup...I remember meeting you...but I also remember things getting a little haywire! That weekend was a perfect mix of crazy insane and nice and relaxing. I got to mountain bike at Boyne Mountain, and stay in a $12 million home on the lake...had an awesome time on the run...and I MAY have gotten a few people drunk on Saturday night...
Old 11-27-2013, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatfreak
Am I the only one that has been hearing the crickets around here lately? Some of our friends just got back from Key West so where are the videos or at least pics? Pat did you get a GoPro before you went?
I was counting on Brian (Sydwayz) but he has failed miserably......

I will say it was the first time in over 20 years I was up by 0600 without hangover!
Old 11-27-2013, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 509 SC
We got a couple of inches on Monday, another dusting this afternoon. Northern Wi. supposed to get another 6" tonite and the UP snow machine is turned on! Just gotta get those guys in orange with guns out of the woods. Maybe since nobody wants to talk boats we could change it to the Active Thunder Snow Forum!
Aspen got over 6' of snow in October and they have gotten 4' already this month. Deeper base on the Mountain than they had in mid Febuary last year. I'm finally heading out there next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.