Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Active Thunder (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder-30/)
-   -   Bilge pump in the step... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/active-thunder/315926-bilge-pump-step.html)

509 SC 07-27-2014 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4160722)
Turn on the switch at the galley panel that says "water pump". Dump some water in the shower and let me know how it goes.

Ok, I need to educate myself on this too! Does the bilge pump have it's own thru hull out the side of the boat? I've never gotten any water in there that I know of, I guess you'ld have to run the air for more than 10 minutes to collect anything from the condensate. So the switch in the galley for the pressurized water system also activates the bilge, correcto?

Sydwayz 07-28-2014 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 4160722)
Turn on the switch at the galley panel that says "water pump". Dump some water in the shower and let me know how it goes.

You are assuming the fresh water tank is fresh though. Come on Pat. :lolhit: You usually think of all possible scenarios!

Sydwayz 07-28-2014 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by 509 SC (Post 4160806)
Ok, I need to educate myself on this too! Does the bilge pump have it's own thru hull out the side of the boat? I've never gotten any water in there that I know of, I guess you'ld have to run the air for more than 10 minutes to collect anything from the condensate. So the switch in the galley for the pressurized water system also activates the bilge, correcto?

Sort of correcto.

Yes, the bilge pump has it's own through hull. You normally can't T-these lines without some one-way valves in the mix. You don't want your bilge water shooting out of the sink drain like a slum-lord's apartment complex.
:party-smiley-004:

Your water pump switch will not turn on unless the Cabin Power switch is turned on.

ActiveThunder 07-28-2014 07:04 AM

There is an automatic rule pump in there that cycles. If it detects water it pumps. The shower drains into the bilge. The bilge hose goes to a thru hull on the port side. There is no real reason for it to come on unless you run the shower. However since it is automatic it cycles and makes a noise. People sleeping on the boat complain they can hear the 'click' so we wired it to the water pump to be able to shut it off.

They don't go bad but since you don't see water coming out of it or hear it running all the time you assume it is bad.

sommerfliesby 07-28-2014 07:06 AM

Thanks guys!

REMEDY 07-29-2014 04:54 AM

Is there one on the 33?

Sydwayz 07-29-2014 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by REMEDY (Post 4161545)
Is there one on the 33?

There should be.

Jluloff 07-29-2014 09:07 AM

How do you get to the transducer for the depth gauge in a non liner 37 boat? I dont see any access panel anywhere and was wondering if the steps going down into the cabin would need to be removed to get to that area?

Sydwayz 07-29-2014 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jluloff (Post 4161647)
How do you get to the transducer for the depth gauge in a non liner 37 boat? I dont see any access panel anywhere and was wondering if the steps going down into the cabin would need to be removed to get to that area?

IIRC, your boat has Corian steps doesn't it John? I believe the top step would have to be pulled up.

Or, do you have an access panel in the head that faces the entry steps? A few boats had these.

ACTIVESHACK 07-29-2014 01:44 PM

My pump and transducer were both under the drain in the head/shower floor. Peel the floor pack where the drain is and there was an access hole there. I had to replace my bilge pump in there after 4 yrs.