Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
Next question.....what waste tank is used and how do I access it? >

Next question.....what waste tank is used and how do I access it?

Notices

Next question.....what waste tank is used and how do I access it?

Old 08-03-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Next question.....what waste tank is used and how do I access it?

I would like to see if I can add a float and hook it up to a light indicator so when the tank is full it luminates.

Would like to gather the stuff before hand so wondering what brand/model the tank is and how I access it.

Pat or anyone? 2009 37.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure what size tank the 37 has, but I had a 9 gallon one installed during the build. Mine is visible thru the access door for the back of the dash (in the head), it's off on the side kind of below the throttles. I have nice gauge to check the level mounted on the bathroom cabinet next to the flush button. You touch it, and it lights up either 1/4,1/2,3/4 or full. I'm pretty sure the sender just sticks to the outside of the holding tank with double-sided tape. I think it would be possible to retro-fit one. It's really pretty slick!
Steve
Old 08-06-2014, 01:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,207 Likes on 523 Posts

Just place this sticker on the door to the head.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]527452[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Next question.....what waste tank is used and how do I access it?-merry-christmas-shitters-full-t-shirt-3.jpg  
Old 08-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I don't even know how to use my head...I mean toilet...I mean...head...

Pee in it, and then what? Both buttons seem to do the same thing?

And no...I have owned the boat for two years and have not yet used the head...lol....
Old 09-15-2014, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 509 SC
I'm not sure what size tank the 37 has, but I had a 9 gallon one installed during the build. Mine is visible thru the access door for the back of the dash (in the head), it's off on the side kind of below the throttles. I have nice gauge to check the level mounted on the bathroom cabinet next to the flush button. You touch it, and it lights up either 1/4,1/2,3/4 or full. I'm pretty sure the sender just sticks to the outside of the holding tank with double-sided tape. I think it would be possible to retro-fit one. It's really pretty slick!
Steve
Do you have a manufacturer on the tank level indicator? I always seem to top mine off at the worst possible time including one where the wife got to use a red solo cup to bail before running across Lake Erie!!
Old 09-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Registered

I am going to install a dometic set up. Screws I to the top of the tank. Display I will mount next to flush controls. Has 3 levels, empty, half and full.

Also going to measure and see if I can get a 9 gallon tank in there as opposed to the 6. Anyone try?
Old 09-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I've got one of those fancy heads but I've always found the swim platform more inviting and I have yet to find a lake that needed pumped out.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boatfreak
I've got one of those fancy heads but I've always found the swim platform more inviting and I have yet to find a lake that needed pumped out.
HA! My wife and daughter don't really like the swim platform. Hope you are doing well!
Old 09-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ya know they make a simple sensor and gauge for the existing tank, don't you?

http://www.trioniccorp.com/index.php...l-monitor.html

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
I am going to install a dometic set up. Screws I to the top of the tank. Display I will mount next to flush controls. Has 3 levels, empty, half and full.

Also going to measure and see if I can get a 9 gallon tank in there as opposed to the 6. Anyone try?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Ya know they make a simple sensor and gauge for the existing tank, don't you?

http://www.trioniccorp.com/index.php...l-monitor.html

Hi Pat,

No actually I was unaware of that one, thanks for posting up!

Have you ever fit a larger tank than the 6 gallon in a 37? I have a wife and daughter and with a electric toilet that uses a half gallon or more per flush it fills quickly. Appreciate any feedback on this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.