?s for 37avh Owners >

?s for 37avh Owners

Notices

?s for 37avh Owners

Old 09-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ?s for 37avh Owners

I have a similar hull design and am in the process of trying to find the best prop. I have 3 blades spinning inboard now. Can you guys give me some recommendations on what has worked for you ? Thanks Dwight.
Old 09-11-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

I have found that hering 5 blade props worked the best for me. The boat runs like it is on rails, quicker to get up on plane and great top end speed. I will however say that i am not sure if they have the best top end speed as I did not get to try the hering 5 blades at Lake X for obvious reasons. The best top speed was with 4 blade bravo one's labbed finished.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

Thanks Dan do you spin inboard or outboard?
Old 09-12-2002, 10:10 AM
Registered

do the avh like to have the props spinning inboard or out. thanks
Old 09-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Registered

They spin out. I know Pat ran a avh boat spinning them in and it was not pretty. He quickly put them back spinning out.

Sorry I did not post sooner, I did not see you post.

Dan

Last edited by thunderdan; 09-12-2002 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:24 PM
Thunder Roy

I TURNED MY IN AND SCARED THE CHIT OUT ME! TURNED THEM BACK OUT

Old 09-13-2002, 06:01 AM

I was prop testing and tried turning them in, the boat was 1 to 2 mph faster but at 90+ make sure their isn`t any boats around you. I don`t recomend it the boat will get really, really loose.
Old 09-15-2002, 10:36 AM
Registered

OK guys I spent Saturday doing alot of testing and the main thing I found out is that this 33 hull absolutely does not like to spin the props outboard. It seems that I have so much stern lift naturally that adding more by spinnng outboard makes the boat very light on the stern. It will almost get to a point that you cannot steer due to the fact the rear is so high. With a 4 blade prop the results were similar except it seemed like having the 4th blade helped to force the rear down when trimmed. Goes to show how simsilar hulls can still be so different. Thanks Dwight.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

I have a question for the 37 AVH. Unrelated to performance.
I'm sure that most of you are in this same situation so I figure why not ask the guys who already own it.

It's advertised at 5' 10" head room, (at the bulk head).

I talked to Pat, he said that even at the bulk head it's not reeeaaally 5-10 and it slopes rather aggressively towards the nose.

So my questions are this:
How much head room is there really? At the bulk head. Also in the seating area.
How comfortable is the "stand up" head? Is it completely functional? Meaning, is it comfortable to use? Ya, know for the wife.
The V-berth is advertised at 7'. Is it comfortable for two?

I guess what I'm really asking is; Is the boat comfortable for a weekend with the wife, FOR THE WIFE?

I like the idea of the speed and warranty. I would also need some comfort for the above reason.

Thanks
DAVE
Old 09-17-2002, 09:09 AM
Registered

Dave,

I am not really sure what the actual headroom is, but I can tell you that it is comfortable in the cabin. I am 6 ft tall and I do have to hunch over to walk in the cabin but the head is huge. It is fully functional and my wife sits in there and dries her hair, does her make-up etc comfortably.

As for the sleeping accomidations.....I have two children and we spent several weekends on the boat. My wife and I slept on the convertable setee and our joke is it is easier for her to "run" away from me in the boat than at home in our bed. My 7 and 5 year old sleep in the v-breth with plenty of room. The cabin is actaully very well layed out and extremly comfortable to sleep on. We put on a video watched on the flat scrren tv as we microed popcorn in the air conditioned cabin.So to answer your question, the boat is extremly comfortable to overnight in..

As you can tell I love my boat, all these creature comforts and spped and performance as well, it can not be beat in my opinion.....

Last edited by thunderdan; 09-17-2002 at 09:13 AM.

Quick Reply: ?s for 37avh Owners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.