Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's  going thru auction?? >

whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's going thru auction??

Notices

whats story on the 2002 37 w 675 ke's going thru auction??

Old 02-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,
Send me another pm... inbox is cleared out.
Originally Posted by Jim Diesel
I was curious to see if someone was going to get this boat and bring it back to life...
Old 06-12-2017, 09:14 AM
"Unregistered Gun"
Platinum Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Its back at auction, this thing has went from Texas to Mississippi to Michigan and now in Florida!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...2-auction.html
Old 07-21-2017, 11:40 AM
Registered

Thumbs down 2002 Active Thunder 37 at Copart Auction

Went down and looked, this thing is rough.... interior, guages, all shot. Starboard motor blown, port motor 1 cylinder with little to no compression. The person that I spoke to that owns this is a typical car salesman, says it is all minor, a couple of bucks and it is worth $100K.... Obviously a huge waste of my time going down to look at it. This thing is junk...
Old 07-21-2017, 03:04 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Car dealers are buying huge amounts of boats at the auctions. They are clueless of the many problems and issues a boat can have even if it was in perfect condition appearance wise.. Many of auto dealers and NON new boat dealers that buy from these repo auctions sell lipstick on pig boats. The few used boat inventory that I have left - not wanting to sell retail - I send it to car dealer auctions in which brings almost retail money. Just saying

Last edited by BUP; 07-21-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:35 AM
Registered

BTW, this is back again..... LOL VIN# ATD37V19K102
Old 07-24-2017, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Where is it at now?
Old 08-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Few years ago it went for 75, i spoken to the owner at that time. Belive he was in Or so. Def need some
love at that point.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I inspected this vessel two years ago when it was at co-part in Lawrenceburg. It has had a rough life, used primarily in salt water. When I looked at it it was being brokered for someone out of Texas. It was very neglected. I was able to get the engine hatch open by bringing a battery and shorting the hatch switch with it. The engines had serious salt contamination on them and undoubtedly inside as well. There was no way to actually verify that any system was operational. The boat had what I surmised to be an aftermarket alarm system which made even engaging a solenoid impossible without being able to access it and disconnect it.. There were LED lights everywhere in the boat and it had an enormous sound system in it which was wired into the starting batteries. The interior was very rough, unclean and definitely lacking in any kind of maintenance. Same for the drives, serious salt contamination everywhere, the paintwork was destroyed just under the fuel fill cap from over filling. I found serious corrosion on most of the wiring, the battery switches were disconnected altogether. The bilge was heavily soiled by oil etc... If I remember correctly the trailer was in terrible condition too namely the brakes were all rusted, heavily rusted bunk supports and actuator. I remember thinking to myself that someone's spoiled kid was the primary user of this vessel just because of how it was set up. Priority on the sound system and flashy LED's rather than satisfactory upkeep of the mechanicals. At the time it was for sale for 49K, I thought that was way to much to begin with. I offered 12K but was instantly declined, (expected that). but to me that's all that boat in the condition it was in was worth. If I can think of anything else pertinent I'll post it. But it certainly was not and I would presume currently it still is not worth whatever crazy price they want for it.. 15K tops.