Duel gas tanks-fill? >

Duel gas tanks-fill?

Notices

Duel gas tanks-fill?

Old 03-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Duel gas tanks-fill?

Just purchased 33 Active Thunder with dual gas tanks. Was wondering how do you keep them equal? Does one engine draw from one, and the other engine draw from the other? It does have two fills on the outside. Coming off 30 Baja with one tank.
Any information welcomed.
Jeff
Old 03-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

My race boat uses a tank per motor but hat is not practical in a regular boat. There is probably a hose or something between the two that lets the tanks balance by gravity
Old 03-25-2017, 12:37 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

They are two separate tanks, one for each engine. There is no crossover or pump between them.
There is no issue with one using a little more or less than the other. Just don't let your anal retentiveness take over.
If you have long idle zones, just alternate which engine you use if you want to "conserve fuel".
Old 03-25-2017, 01:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sydwayz is correct, each tank feeds one motor. One of my motors always burns more fuel than the other, by maybe 9%. The fuel gauge can also be a bit deceiving, especially the bottom half of the gauge, due to the shape of the tanks. Just follow the computer readout on the smartcraft, until you get used to how the gauge reads, 1/2 tank, start looking for fuel, 1/4 tank, get out your rosary! I'm always in the habit of filling the tanks and resetting the computer for filling the tanks. I know Andre put a lot of nice electronics on your boat when he built it. Just learn how to navigate the fuel section of the computer and you'll be fine. I'm looking forward to doing some boating with you this summer. That's a beautiful boat, enjoy!
Steve
Old 03-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, everyone for your replays. It's full of fuel and going in the water in the am at LOTO tomorrow. We tried to put in this afternoon late and there was a bass tournament going on with over 250 boats. The lake is five foot down with some ramps questionable. We dint want to start with damage to our new boat. Also has been raining hard.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 37 thunder with 525s and when i first got it I question it also . They are right about when the gauge reading 1/4 cause you better have gas station in sight

The other is a wise man told me always fill up you can never have enough fuel on board unless you are on fire>
Old 03-27-2017, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ran mine out of fuel.....I was praying but not hard enough I guess. Idled a few miles on one and filled up.

Now at 1/2 tank I'm thinking already of where is next fuel stop.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by Pwraddr
Ran mine out of fuel.....I was praying but not hard enough I guess. Idled a few miles on one and filled up.

Now at 1/2 tank I'm thinking already of where is next fuel stop.
I did that once. If you are still on plane, you can run it on mine. I could actually bring mine up on one engine if needed as well.
Old 03-28-2017, 01:22 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts

After running out once and being close another, I adjusted the fuel senders so I have 20-25 gallons at 1/4 on the guages
Old 03-28-2017, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Should be easy to manage fuel on that boat. You've got both fuel used and tracked on the VV7. Just remember to set to full when you do fill it up.
It's also tracked on the Garmin as well. A variety of ways to see fuel used, mpg, and fuel flow as your running, fuel remaining etc. The garmin also has great trip logs where you can see complete summary of miles traveled, speeds, fuel, time, etc. Really a robust system....

You've also got garmin wifi onboard so you can send and sync the stuff to your phone, plan trips on a ipad at home and send the trip/waypoints to the garmin on the boat right before starting your trip..... i might have gone a tad bit overboard with it but I used it all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.