Any Tantrums going for Sale? >

Any Tantrums going for Sale?

Notices

Any Tantrums going for Sale?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcb11
I saw that last night, looks like a nice boat, I would definitely be interested if he was closer to book value, looks to be about 8k to 9k over..
"book value" isn't close 99% of the time it seems to me.

Value is based on what someone will pay for the said item.

Good luck on your search!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
"book value" isn't close 99% of the time it seems to me.

Value is based on what someone will pay for the said item.

Good luck on your search!
Thanks, it seems most boats i've seen advertised over the summer are a good chunk above book.

I agree with you on that about what someone is willing to pay, just trying to find some kind of starting point on a value.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my honest opinion, you can’t apply “book value” to a manufacturer like Active Thunder. These boats were not mass produced and were ordered and made for someone that has a passion for the sport and product. Anyone that has ever owned a tantrum or rode in one can tell you that there is no better bang for the buck. Th Tantrum is a true 25 foot with amazing freeboard that keeps you safe in the rough water. Spending a few more dollars is well worth it. Good luck with your search.
Old 10-21-2017, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHORTFUSE
In my honest opinion, you can’t apply “book value” to a manufacturer like Active Thunder. These boats were not mass produced and were ordered and made for someone that has a passion for the sport and product. Anyone that has ever owned a tantrum or rode in one can tell you that there is no better bang for the buck. Th Tantrum is a true 25 foot with amazing freeboard that keeps you safe in the rough water. Spending a few more dollars is well worth it. Good luck with your search.
Thanks SHORTFUSE, That is why AT is at the top of my list, the build quality, rough water handling, and freeboard are the most important things for me, above top speed. Sounds like the perfect fit.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:38 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

http://bit.ly/2yHRjnw
Old 10-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 1997 25 that I may consider selling. boat is awesome but im looking to upgrade to twins and have one that im looking at pm me your number ill send you some pictures
Old 10-27-2017, 11:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeffs4139
I have a 1997 25 that I may consider selling. boat is awesome but im looking to upgrade to twins and have one that im looking at pm me your number ill send you some pictures
PM sent, Thanks
Old 11-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=Sydwayz;4589745[/QUOTE]

Hey Sydwayz, thanks for the link, Great news! , I am in the process of buying this Tantrum. Have one glitch, the current owner does not have a title for the trailer as they are not needed in Tennessee, but I do need one here in Minnesota. I did contact the previous owner also from Michigan about this, but it's not looking good for any info from him. The biggest problem is the bank needs the trailer VIN to complete the loan, I know I can always apply for a new one once I get it home. Just seeing if anyone on here has any other ideas? I did send an email to the factory (Active Thunder) asking if they had any original documentation when it was sold, but haven't heard back yet. Thanks in advance for any info...
Old 11-07-2017, 12:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

If they are not REQUIRED in Tennessee, chances are that's a good place to HAVE ONE MADE by their DMV since they are "lackadaisy" about it. There is likely a VIN on a tag on that trailer somewhere, near the front, inside the frame rail or on the tongue. Have him look for it, or have him have a title created as a home-built trailer.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
If they are not REQUIRED in Tennessee, chances are that's a good place to HAVE ONE MADE by their DMV since they are "lackadaisy" about it. There is likely a VIN on a tag on that trailer somewhere, near the front, inside the frame rail or on the tongue. Have him look for it, or have him have a title created as a home-built trailer.

I did have him send me a pic, but it is worn out, and unreadable. I'm kind of getting short on time now, looking at traveling next week, I do have a plan B , so not a deal breaker, but I'll see what he says..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.