Notices

28 Savage

Old 10-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 28 Savage

I was in no big hurry to sell my 28' with twin 350s this summer, but I ran a couple ads and really only had a few responses. Is it my Seattle location, or has interest softened for these wave crushers?
I'm ready to sell now or in the spring, but wondering if I should send it to the midwest, LOTO, or some other location and list with a broker.If I wait until spring, I just might end up keeping it for another summer, and my wife will not like that. She's ready for a cruiser.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

I don't recall ever seeing it listed. Recommend listing on OSO, craigslist, and powerboatlistings.com with something in the add stating something along the lines of "will help with transportation."

I don't get the feeling market is soft, rather there appear to be really great deals on used boats.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 406 Likes on 181 Posts

Ship it to the east coast!!!!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I can personally attest that it was worth it for me to bring my Pantera from upstate New York to the Grand Sport Center in Illinois. Dealt with Jerry and his staff. Easiest transaction I've done selling a boat. They get the LOTO customers plus east coast. They had my boat sold basically before I delivered it and were reasonable on the consignment price. Good luck.

Consignment ? Grand Sport Center
Old 11-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Registered

Great idea! Thanks.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:41 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I can tell you that hardly anybody knew your boat was for sale. I saw it advertised once and that was by accident.
I can say with 90% certainty, that if its in 7-8 out of 10 condition, a friend of mine would have bought it.
He ended up buying a 28zx out of CA that was represented as an 7-8 by the seller and surveyor that ended up being a 4-5.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Registered

Yeah, I was on the fence last summer. It seemed like the sun never came out up here, and when it finally did, I wanted to be out on the boat, so I didn't put much effort into selling it. It's now winterized and for sale as soon as someone wants it. It's a great boat.