Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Active Thunder
ThunderDan and Jassman >

ThunderDan and Jassman

Notices

ThunderDan and Jassman

Old 12-01-2002, 09:53 AM
ShipWrecked

The only way the Pulse can effect resale (neg) is if someone wants to race the boat in a class that doesn't allow surface drives. Other than that, I should increase the resale because of durability.
Not True. The general public will want Bravo's for ease of "servicability" and name recognition no matter how well they perform.

Old 12-01-2002, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Massive, That makes more sense. I believe with the Millenium cabins, generators, and the other items slow the boat down by 3 mph. What I dont understand is when I reserched the Pulses, and Harry did his calculations with my 675s he said 99-100. Dans did 102. Mine was 97 @5100rpms, 300 to go. I know they are more effecient, and I am one of the few who also believe they are stronger, and will be looking at them again for my next boat, they need to come up with something about the looks, other than paint, just my .02

Hey Mongo, I prefer Crown and Water, with a lemon
Old 12-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I disagree with the resale. Maybe in a few years they will hold their value, but not in the next two or three.

You say the tranny's won't break if you buy the right size. Same thing holds true for a conventional out drive.

I also noticed that the drives kick up a huge rooster tail. That might be acceptable for the serious high performance boater, but for most this eliminates any possibility of doing anything else water sports wise with the boat; Tubing, skiing, etc. Unless, that is, there is some way to eliminate it.

I am sold on the drives performance and simplicity. I was involved with the Arneson Drive while Borg Warner produced them and the Pulse is a definite improvement on the surface drive. I just do not see this replacing the conventional outdrive in the near future due to the reasons I mentioned above.

Safety tip. Do not get behind a Pulse Drive equipped boat, they will wet you down.

And I'll beleive 97 with 525's when I see 85 on mine with 500's

Last edited by h2owarrior; 12-01-2002 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:50 AM
Registered

All of the info that I have posted in reguards to the pulse drive has been based on info from Pat and Harry both.And keep in mind that they were factoring the weight of the extras on your boats.Which may have been a factor in there calculations.
As far as Kevins boat not even running 85.It is my understanding that Patrick hasnt had your boat out to dial it in yet.After owning 2-37's I can say that you should come real close to that.After it is dialed in.Keep smiling you still have a great boat!!
Old 12-02-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

Old 12-03-2002, 06:11 AM
Registered

Hey H2O,

Resale better in a couple of years? That's OK for me. That is when I'll probably sell my Cig for an AT anyway! As more and more of these drives get out there, they will be more accepted. On commercial boats, they are getting into service easier as there is no stigma as to using what others have.

The rooster tail... you can turn that off by just trimming down. Sure, you won't have the top end, but, I don't think you will be pulling a tube or skier at 80. Well, maybe a skier, but, not behind an offshore boat. The Pulse makes it eiser to get on a plane at a lower speed, so it makes this kind of activity easier.

Out drives that don't break when you size them correctly? I guess if you limit a Bravo to say, 250 hp that mya be OK. Most have them on 400-600 hp. Least we forget what happens when the seals go on any stern drive and you don't realize it. All it takes a a little piece of fishing line...

Is you boat on the AT site? I would love to see some pics of it!

Mongo
Old 12-03-2002, 08:14 AM
Registered

imongo, Sounds like you're a convert. I agree, the drive does have a lot of advantages. I am not an "early adopter" so I'll wait a few years before taking that plunge.

My boat is on the AT website. It's Thunder EnLightening.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered

A VERY NICE BOAT!!!!