Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run >

Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run

Notices

Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run

Old 07-16-2003, 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

And here is another shot of Mike, (boatfreak and crew) eating Radio Active's wake
Attached Thumbnails Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run-dcp_0929.jpg  
Old 07-16-2003, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the pics guys, I would love to own a 33 a sweet machine, we have a couple of Active thunders in Beaumont, one is a older 32, with 525sc's in it, a nice boat, and the other is Thunder Roys 2000 37 he sold to a local in Bmt, the new owner still owes me a ride in it, I just might have to move up soon
Old 07-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Registered

Dan-

It's pretty sad that I have to go to OSO to see pics of my new boat. I thought you were going to send me some pics. Oh well, no big thing.
The power for the new 33AVH is undetermined for now. It was initially set up for 496HO's, but I really want some non merc power. (Chief engines or something) in the 500-550HP range. Any suggestions out there?? (reasonable of course- Pat is sucking me dry...)
It will have the Leathertech cabin, A/C, side by side electric bolsters, and some other goodies.
The paint job was going to be the thunder cloud look, but after showing Frank at All Pro the paint job I was looking at, he painted it on his 37AVH. So, I am back to square one on that one. Someone always out there to steal an idea. Any suggestions on the paint??
I'll hope to be down in FL in a couple of weeks to see her in person and go over some finer details.
Please email me if you have suggestions on reasonable engine builders and a paint scheme.

Thanks-
Adam
Old 07-17-2003, 07:24 AM
Registered

Adam,

We have worked out some pricing with Sterling on thier motor packages. I apologize if you did not get my e-mail that I sent to you yesterday morning that had the link to the pictures.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Registered

Dan-
it's no big deal about the pics. Just prodding a little.

I know Jassman or someone out there can give me some reasonable engine builders in the FL or surrounding area from the AT plant.
Any suggestions out there for a paint scheme???
Old 07-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Adam, I wish I could help you on the paint, but I am not the best with designing things like that. I know you want radical. However, with having to deal with Potomac River scum, (the algae and the people, i.e. Craig223), what about plain white and go with Vinyl Graphics? I am just as anal about fenders and being careful around the docks, but you know the Potomac has some crappy facilities. With that comes inadvertant paint dings, and when you have radical paint, that means big uglies, and big money to fix. Put some splashes and piping colors in the interior the way you want it and then create what you want on the fly whenever you want with vinyl.

(Just kidding Craig!!!!!)
Old 07-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Registered

Brian-

NO VINYL GRAGHICS!! come on now......

no seriously, the paint will be clearcoated on the hull sides and topdeck. Just looking for some ideas from fellow OSOers
Old 07-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

OK, Have two thoughts...
I have always liked Chameleon Paint. And I hate the transom looking filthy from exhaust soot.

How about some radical Chameleon Paint canvasing parts of the sides and deck, with an all black transom matching the outdrives providing a very stealthy look from the back as you pass me.

I would LOVE to have an effect like this on my boat.
Check this paint out:
Attached Thumbnails Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run-i-2_b_l.jpg  

Last edited by Sydwayz; 07-17-2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:29 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

mc2
Attached Thumbnails Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run-i-3_b_l.jpg  
Old 07-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Registered

That would be my new favorite boat if you were able to go with the 750's.
Im still looking forward to seeing it with any power.
Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Quick Reply: Active Thunder's 33 AVH Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.