transducer info for 32 thunder >

transducer info for 32 thunder

Notices

transducer info for 32 thunder

Old 07-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transducer info for 32 thunder

Could somebody please help me with my problem.I own a 1998 32 AT.My problem is with the depth gauge.The transducer was not picking up any depth in the factory location when the boat was running,but would show a depth at idle speeds but was showing wrong depth.(in 3 ft of water, gauge was showing between 25-100 ft).Spoke with Ed at Livorsi and was told to try different locations in lowest part of the V.Tried 5-6 different places with no luck.I bought a new transducer and sent old gauge back to Ed for testing and unit checked out good.Should I cut down thru the Foam coring in the V and place transducer directly against the glass? Pat,If you could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreiciated. If someone else has the answer,let me know.Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: transducer info for 32 thunder

Hey Chris, The Transducer Needs To Be Mounted On A Dense Material (block Of Wood Glassed To The Inside Bottom Of The Hull). If There Is Any Void, Air, Poor Mounting, Etc. The Tranducer Will Give You False Readings. Pat Can Give You The Best Advice On Where And How To Mount The Tranducer On Your 32. Good Luck!
Old 07-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Registered

I had a 2000 32AT and what the guys at AT did was to take a hole saw and cut into glass about 3/8 of an inch, set the transducer in, and filled with epoxy. The depth gauge worked fine. Originally, it was just epoxy-ed to the finished bilge, and not only did it read wrong, but it came loose. Check with Pat on exact location.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Steve, I'm scratching my head on that block of wood idea....

Chris, Is your boat in fact cored in the bottom? 98 could go either way. If it is then, yes clean out the core material.

Pat
Old 07-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Registered

Pat, I did some work on the transom and that had the foam coring in it.Would it be the same for the bottom of the hull? If so, do you have a good location on even a templete that I could use so I do it right the first time.Thanks for your quick response.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Chris, The transoms were urethane then as they are now. I would grind the paint/gelcoat off smooth until you only see the fiberglass/resin which will appear dark greenish-black and then epoxy your puck down. See how that works.