Notices

troubled 37

Old 09-08-2004, 02:17 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: troubled 37

SPICY will do i think i'm going to see him this weekend and help him kill a case of cans unless he has to work again.BARNEY is the man when it comes to painting in my area.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Rich,

Which hatch is leaking and can you actually see it dripping?

Pat.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:28 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Rich,

Which hatch is leaking and can you actually see it dripping?

Pat.
The first hatch is dripping around it and it also runs down the wall on the head over the microwave.the hatch up front has water in all th top screw holes. when i took them out i seen it and put some life caulk in them then screwed them back in and wiped of the excess caulk.i closed the hatch and couldn't see where it was sealing proparly down on the rim and the weather seal so for now i'm going to install another piece of weather stripping on the rim of the hatch so it will be under the black weather stripping to see what happens until my carrie cover gets here.you can see there stitching is yellow from the water and i guess there is foam under the leather on the ceiling.thanks for the fast responce pat.rich
Old 09-08-2004, 09:40 PM

Great looking paint job. Every new boat has a few little gremlins, remember in the world of custom boat builders these problems are next to nothing. Good luck with your new ride.

Mike
Old 09-16-2004, 07:56 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was suprised at all the water in that boat when I test drove it. The hatch appeared to be sealed well, but it looked like the deck was slightly skewed where the hatch was, which looked like the hatch was askew. Could that be the problem???

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 09-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Registered

The 525 in my fountian will leak about a quart or two till the rear main blew out last weekend. Ran fine at lake anna then went to the river and blew oil over the exhaust. So off to the marina to get fixed, the fuel must be common for all of them mine is doing the same thing. Rich if you are a mercury dealer then I need to get with you about my ecu if I keep the boat.

Terry
Old 09-29-2004, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

There has been a service bulletin on the 525's from Mercury on the rich condition of the engine with black soot on the transom's and I think that may be where your raw fuel out the exhaust is coming from. YOu can carry this into a Mercury dealer and have the engine reprogrammed to eliminate this condition. I have 525's and I have this problem with the rich condition but no oil usage problems. That is way excessive on your boat and Mercury should take care of it under warranty.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:22 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by runnin gun
The 525 in my fountian will leak about a quart or two till the rear main blew out last weekend. Ran fine at lake anna then went to the river and blew oil over the exhaust. So off to the marina to get fixed, the fuel must be common for all of them mine is doing the same thing. Rich if you are a mercury dealer then I need to get with you about my ecu if I keep the boat.

Terry
Terry give me a call at the marina 540-895-5065.my merc rep is having me change the valve seals to cut down on the amount of oil it's using but my mechanic was reading in the service manual and it says its not uncommen to use 1 qt. every 2-4 hrs. of use.merc rep is also reprogramming my ecu's to get rid of the soot problem.cell #540-226-2814.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Registered

I came by your marine on saturday but you looked busy talkinf to customers abotu the pontoon boats. Was hoping to talk to you at andys but James said you were out of town. The oil leak was fixed at haynes outdoors it was a cracked oil pressure sending unit. I am gettting the ecu reprogramed. I talked to andy and he said you are sellin the new merury five blade. I need to talk to you and come down and try one out the fountian has alot of prop slip.

Terry
Old 10-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

2002 37 Active Thunder with t/675 Eickerts..100mph..Priced to sell NOW.
Great deal for the right buyer...100% ready to go...Motivated!!!