Notices

h2owarrior

Old 01-29-2002, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I bet you with sixes it still would run in mid to high 60's, go for it, later on just whipple charge them
Old 01-29-2002, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TDaze,
Awesome CD. Who ever put it together did a great job. I'll give you a call as soon as business slows down for a minute or two. I like step hulls. They’re great as long as you know how to drive them.

JASSMAN,
Thanks for the offer. Your boat has some excellent graphics. You guys have to be very anxious for the boat to be completed. If Dan could make up his mind your boat would probably be finished by now.

32fever,
Are you thinking bad thoughts? The AT's are the perfect answers to this puddle we call Lake Michigan. Running Hot and No Limit AKA Kamma use to be stored a few doors down from my warehouse. I saw both of those boats get transformed into showboats.
Bob, with RH, didn't know how to run slow. He would never back down to any boats or waves. I remember hearing something about a stuff back in '96 but don't remember any damage. His boat was running 110+ MPH. It wouldn't surprise me.
There's only one time that I heard of him backing down to another boat. He had a boatload of friends and one young lady that had never been in a boat before. They were running with some other boats in 6' to 8' off of St. Joe. I think it was a 42' Fountain, Billy the Kid, that wanted to play.
I guess the ride was pretty wild. Bob backed out and let the 42' go. I know I know this is a Fountain lover’s story. When Bob got back to the pier his buddies razed him pretty bad. He told them he didn’t want to talk about it.
The poor girl, who never boated before, had pissed in her pants. That boat was seen out in 12' seas running hard. He was a hell of a Driver. I got this story from his engine builder who was on the boat. That’s my story and I'm sticking to it.

Thank for all the Information.
Dan

Steve or any one, I need the total length of the 37' on a trailer. Exact length to the inch.
Old 01-29-2002, 11:04 PM
MIdnightRider

Candyman- " If I had your money, I'd burn mine" , your just everywhere tryin to buy a boat, LOL.

Old 01-30-2002, 12:31 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

candyman,
Yeah, I heard that the boat in the story stuffed a wave, totally submerged and came out unscathed. Awesome to be able to say that!

110 MPH! Holy cow. I'm still kinda a young'un. I remember seeing them, but back then was in college just dreaming about owning one of these water beasts. I rememer Billy the Kid, too, saw that somewhere. Only still see Dakota Kid around here now.

There was an old post about 37 actual length a while back. You may be able to search for it. I was amazed looking at a friend's 32 AT in a 44' long pole barn and how much room of that it took up. I'd gather that 37' AT is close to 49' long. 48' anyway.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:35 AM
Registered

Originally posted by MIdnightRider:
<STRONG>Candyman- " If I had your money, I'd burn mine" , your just everywhere tryin to buy a boat, LOL.</STRONG>
HAD is the key word. If I HAD your beautiful 42' and somewhere to store it I wouldn't be looking.
Dan