32" Victory >

32" Victory

Notices

32" Victory

Old 11-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32" Victory

Looking for some information on the Victory and have gone through the posts here but haven't seen all the information I have been looking for.

Has anyone put a set of 280 or 380 K planes on the boat and at what height? I have seen and heard people talk about the boat rolling on side wakes and I like the comfort of having the tabs if needed, I have no problem with having to put more power to the hull to get it over the tabs drag. (By this I mean the 40" foot hull only doing 101mph while the outerlimits did 110mph (with the same power) because they quickly added the tabs for the test)

What is the fastest 32" Victory you guys know and whats the motor/drive package.

I currently have a set of 510HP and 550FT/LB torque small blocks that I am looking at initially putting in the boat, they currently push my 26" Chris Craft to just shy of 80mph IMO (not gps confirmed). This is just my starting point. I am contemplating, big blocks down the road, but need to sell some inventory first.

I have a 32 Victory that was a Bank Repo as someone stripped the boat and I have slowly been re-piecing together the boat, over the last year. Just looking for some information and this seems like a great place to get it.

Last edited by Kings11; 11-03-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Registered

WHICH 32 IS IT ? My old one went to Hideaway just before Pierre landed in jail . Still trying to locate where it ended up . Sentimental value ..
Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

http://www.engineresearchinc.com/res...ge+320x200.jpg

Photo of the boat in my yard.

Had a decal on top of the deck saying Offshore.com or something similar. I would have to go unwrap it from the shrink wrap to be sure what it said again.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The best people to talk to would probably be Advantage. I know they generally don't put tabs on their boats, but they do upon request like mine. If the tabs are above neutral, there should be no drag. The new thing to do is to mount the tabs horizontal as opposed to parallel with the bottom of the hull.
With 500hp motors, you should be able to hit 80 pretty easily I would think. Not sure what the fastest 32 is, but one with twin 800s would sure be fun
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Plan down the road is 582ci NA making somewhere in the ball park of 800HP, like I said just need to sell some inventory haha.