k-planes on a 28 victory >

k-planes on a 28 victory

Notices

k-planes on a 28 victory

Old 06-03-2020, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k-planes on a 28 victory

Just looking for feedback - has anyone added these? do the MCOB? Seems like it would help a lot. I have ITS on mine. Been having a hard time dialing in a prop, thought the planes might help. But, maybe not?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have 280s on a 27 Victory. Even with a -2 lower, I donít use them to get on plane. What problem are you having or trying to solve?
Old 07-09-2020, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44 View Post
I have 280s on a 27 Victory. Even with a -2 lower, I donít use them to get on plane. What problem are you having or trying to solve?
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess the best way I can say it is to get some consistency. It seems the prop never rides the same way in the water, I figured I could at least get the prop to sit in the same spot with planes. Once I do that, I feel I can actually dial in a prop. I know there's more top end in the boat if I could get the slip down on a prop - granted it's not bad. But I've tried numerous props and I can always spin it to the rev limiter, just speed and slip number change.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

I had a 28 MCOB with 750 HP. my prop slip was always in the low 20's%. I put a 1.5" spacer on mine, hooked up the prop, picked up some MPH and promptly destroyed the upper gears in my XR. Some times prop slip is your friend. How much HP and what kind of props have you tried? The folks at Advantage will tell you that tabs will not help that hull in any way. I never saw a need for any, boat jumps on plane in about 2 boat lengths at 10% throttle. Advantage will also tell you that no prop will work better on their hulls than a Bravo 1. In all of my testing on my 27 Victory, 28 victory and 28 Sportcat, I found this to be true.

Last edited by snapmorgan; 07-09-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:02 PM
Registered

And BTW, you need to be running a LH prop on that hull.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by snapmorgan View Post
And BTW, you need to be running a LH prop on that hull.
ah, that's interesting. It's always been RH props.

its a 575SCi with the 3" pulley and the super chiller. So...650 Propshaft Power I guess they say, right?

I've tried a few different bravos labbed and not. the worse bravo I tried was a labbed 30. I've tried Hydromotive p5 and p5x. I tried a p5x once and it seemed to work awesome, but it was only a 25P and there was a lot left in it. I went to a 27P thinking it'd be perfect and there was so much bow lift it dragged ass...not sure why the difference.

labbed 28p bravo seems to be my best bet so far. But, I can back off throttle a bit and still hold the same speed, so I know there's more in it. Stll have stock rev limit of 5250....I'm sure I could spin these to 5700 and it would keep going....

Been going crazy trying to get the perfect prop, but maybe you're right, I should just leave well enough alone.

Old 07-09-2020, 01:47 PM
Registered

Mine was a 575 originally as well. I spent alot of time and money on it trying to make it fast.. A LH 28P Bravo 1 was the right prop for mine. It would run low 80's. The fastest it ever ran was with a 26 B1 bouncing off of the rev limiter which i had turned way up, something like 7000rpm. My first suggestion would to be put a 1/2" or 1" spacer on the drive and switch it to LH. You will want to install a billet top cap as well with the 7/16 studs if turning LH.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PowerAddict View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess the best way I can say it is to get some consistency. It seems the prop never rides the same way in the water, I figured I could at least get the prop to sit in the same spot with planes. Once I do that, I feel I can actually dial in a prop. I know there's more top end in the boat if I could get the slip down on a prop - granted it's not bad. But I've tried numerous props and I can always spin it to the rev limiter, just speed and slip number change.
I donít think tabs are going to help you out there. How far below the keel is your propshaft? From what Iíve seen, Advantage sets up every boat like itís getting a 496. With a -2 lower Iím still 4-4.5Ē below the keel, Iíd like to go 2Ē higher but thatís not gonna happen. I know Teague recently did a whipple 525 in a 28 victory and Bob tested it with a max5.

I run a 30 labbed Bravo and 28 Hydromotive q-iv-x. Both run mid 80s with ~20% slip.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:51 AM
Registered

Gents,

That is all really good information...and by that info, mine runs pretty good.

I was down to like 16ish% running about 75 @5250 RPM with a 28p almost the same with a 26P. maybe a mph or 2 slower.

I really need to measure that X dimension, It has the extension with ITS, so It might sight slightly lower with the angle of the transom, but probably not much different than one would with the 496, as you mentioned.

Maybe just turning the limiter up is the best solution, and keep the slip to keep my drive together.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PowerAddict View Post
Gents,

That is all really good information...and by that info, mine runs pretty good.

I was down to like 16ish% running about 75 @5250 RPM with a 28p almost the same with a 26P. maybe a mph or 2 slower.

I really need to measure that X dimension, It has the extension with ITS, so It might sight slightly lower with the angle of the transom, but probably not much different than one would with the 496, as you mentioned.

Maybe just turning the limiter up is the best solution, and keep the slip to keep my drive together.
75 is pretty good with that setup. When my boat had a 620hp motor, I was running 72-73. Yours is an open bow right? Those are usually a couple mph slower. I think the 28 is a *slightly* faster hull than the 27. Either way, theyíre not very fast hulls.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.