Notices

AO deck 28

Old 06-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AO deck 28

Been talking to CLiff alot,but wanted to know what else ya'll get throw at me. I know Genesis boats is building the boats. I was just wondering if any of the newer composites are being used such as Coosa form for stringers and transoms, and coring, and also high quality vinylester resins. I really hate marine plywood used in anything because there are so many other better synthetic pieces that could be used. I also want to make sure every bolt is locked in place with washer and knylock nuts and not just screwed into place like it was some wood screw. Asolid floor that is not made of wood, gunwale padding that is not made of wood, seat bases that are not made of wood. Dividers and consoles not made of wood. I dont really care how many fiberglass encassed marine plywood pieces are used to contruct and what their warranty is i just dont like them especially if i will be paying over a ton of $$$ for a boat. Rigging doesnt look too hard and i hope it is all wire tyes and supported with cushion clamps. Any ideas? Really dont want any rattling around in the future. Thanks. Dave
Old 06-14-2008, 12:52 AM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Ahh........Boston Whaler?
Old 06-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make very nice boats inside and out, with the best materials avail

Last edited by vtown; 06-23-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only wood is in the transom and some of the bulkheads. It is Aquaply which pressure treated against rot marine plywood and has a 100 yr guaranty against rot. the boat is fabricated with vinyl ester resin and uses edge grain balsa coring which has a much greater shear strength than the foam cores used by some other manufacturers. The sides and floor of the liner are a sandwitch construction of knitted glass cloth with a balsa core. It is the finest construction in the industry. The foam synthetics also do not have the comresssive or tensile strength as the aquaply which is why we use it in the transome. you dont want to clamp the outdrive to a foam cored transom. there is no cormat or glass chop. Skater also uses the balsa core. see powerboat mag march 2001 "on the Lam"

Last edited by quest; 06-23-2008 at 09:09 PM.