Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > American Offshore
what is it worth >

what is it worth

Notices

what is it worth

Old 02-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jim Clark was the owner of Python. I know he made a couple of 31's but never a 26 cat. Python built alot of 24 and 18 v bottoms and a couple of 21's and about 4 34's before Jim passed away a couple of years ago.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
I dont mean to belabor this but I was never told how or where he(Python) got the 26 plug from or if he ever built any 26 ft cats. It was before my time. I was only only told that he traded a 26 plug for a 31 blank hull. It made sence to me at the time since his 31 cat hull is identical to the AO 31 and I didn't think he splashed it. I would have made good business sence at that time for both companys. I know that there were only two 31 Cat molds sold by Chis craft. One went to AO and the other to awsome.

Guess we will never really know.

Last edited by quest; 02-17-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bottom came from a 25 Talon..... Fact. Do some research. Or better yet. Get a tape measure and compare the bottom of a 26 AO to a 25 Talon. They are the same. You don't need to take my word for it. I can give the # to the guy who designed it. PM me if you need it.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quest
sorry but bottom came from a plug made by python.
PARKER is right the 26 is a Talon hull. If you're still on speaking terms with Ferro you can ask him.