41st Airborne >

41st Airborne

Notices

41st Airborne

Old 07-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 41st Airborne

Ok Apache guys, so I'm sitting home eating dinnner watching my old OPT race tapes from the early 90's and started wondering what happened to the 41 Apache 41st Airborne? Anyone know where this old classic is these days??

Jim
Old 07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Re: 41st Airborne

Jimmy it might be one of the 2 that just poped up for sale out of Miami. They are for sale on Boat Trader. Steve
Old 07-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Registered

Steve,
I thought 41st was a #6 boat. I have to look at the video again though. Of the two new one's on traderonline, one has #3s and the other #4s. The one, at least from one of the pictures, looks like the old Warrior boat. It would be a shame if someone painted Airborne. That was a cool paint job. I can never understand why people paint the old ones. There are enough people that keeping track of them. I think part of the enjoyment out of owning one of the old girls is the history that goes along with it!!!!

Jim
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Lunatic Fringe, Do you own the Apache named "Lunatic Fringe"
in Detroit?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 PM

41st air borne is now ultimatewarrior returns. Yes it has #6 drives the boat sat for years .It is heavy, I looked at it a year ago the boat is in Maryland now .Bob Brice owns it know

Last edited by Papache; 09-04-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

41st Airborne was built by Marc for a friend of his from Louisiana.

He (not Marc) did all of the rigging.

A great guy, who paid all of the bills, but had his friends race the boat. I don't know why. I thought the fun was the racing, not the paying for it!

They had alot of horsepower, but were never reliable.

They were the first injected blower motors we had seen. Definately had us worried.

If you check out the Freeze Frame video of Apache highlights from 1991, you can see alot of footage of them racing next to Meanstreak (Bobby Saccenti on the sticks) . . . trying to catch Allez Vite.

Last edited by ApachePete; 07-27-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered

Lunatic Fringe,
Some of us like to get the boats and turn them into something that "we" like, not the original owner. I could understand if it was a celebrated race boat, but my case was a ugly a$$ pleasure boat. The quaility of the paint was impectable, but the graphics were hiddious.
"FIGHTER SQUADRON : CODE NAME: TONTO"
I think I did a pretty good job re-doing the boat and that is all that matters to me. I enjoy the boat and use it, although if I could figure out how to mount it on the mantle of the fireplace of our new home, I would

Robert
Attached Thumbnails 41st Airborne-me-dave-becky.jpg   41st Airborne-tonto-dash-%40-fll.jpg   41st Airborne-tonto-sale-pix-002.jpg  

Last edited by Tonto; 07-26-2005 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tonto
Lunatic Fringe,
Some of us like to get the boats and turn them into something that "we" like, not the original owner. I could understand if it was a celebrated race boat, but my case was a ugly a$$ pleasure boat. The quaility of the paint was impectable, but the graphics were hiddious.
"FIGHTER SQUADRON : CODE NAME: TONTO"
I think I did a pretty good job re-doing the boat and that is all that matters to me. I enjoy the boat and use it, although if I could figure out how to mount it on the mantle of the fireplace of our new home, I would

Robert
Just make the mantle big enough for your trailer to sit on.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:59 AM
Registered

Lee,
No, I do not own an Apache. I currently have a 38 Cougar project that use to try and chase Nykamp's 41 around up here in West Michigan when Pete owned it. Maybe this year it will get the chance to try and chase it again.

Robert,
You are right, everyone wants to get a boat and make it there own, and from everything Steve has told me about yours, you have done an awesome job on your 41. Sorry I missed meeting you that Tuesday night before you headed to Chicago. I really wanted to see your boat. But I still think it is cool when you see the old race boats maintained in their original form.

Pete,
Still some of my most watched videos are from the early 90s OPT seasons when Allez Vite, WarHawk, and 41st use to run in Open class.

Jim
Old 07-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Jim,

Is your Cougar the old "Savage?"

I remember it as fast in calm conditions, but that it wasn't "an Apache" in the rough.

Quick Reply: 41st Airborne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.