41 Apache Owners, need help!!! >

41 Apache Owners, need help!!!

Notices

41 Apache Owners, need help!!!

Old 05-07-2006, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!

Okay most of you or I should say all of you have your horns on your boats hidden from view for honestly they are ummm well sort of HOMO looking up on the deck.
This boat has the HOMO look to it and I need to rectify that IMMEDIATELY.
Where do I relocate them? Do I cut a small hole in the side of the faring and put a vent cover over it or how do I hide these but still have them audible to other boaters (not much of a horn user but CG requires it)
Where are your homo horns blowing on your boat?
J
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-dscn3161.jpg   41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-dscn3199.jpg   41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-dscn3222.jpg  

Old 05-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Registered

Default Re: 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Okay most of you or I should say all of you have your horns on your boats hidden from view for honestly they are ummm well sort of HOMO looking up on the deck.
This boat has the HOMO look to it and I need to rectify that IMMEDIATELY.
Where do I relocate them? Do I cut a small hole in the side of the faring and put a vent cover over it or how do I hide these but still have them audible to other boaters (not much of a horn user but CG requires it)
Where are your homo horns blowing on your boat?
J
I have my horn under the fairing , its pretty loud, and with the engines running people know you're there. Its also very good for waking up the the driver when he nods off. I've never had any problem with the GC or the local water patrol with this set up, you can still hear it pretty well when the engines are off. 2 blower motors alerts people.

Also, I had the gps ant. mounted under the fiberglass of the fairing and it works also. Makes for a clean setup. The only antennas on my deck are 2 little round GPS speedo antennas.

Give it a try Jason.

Take Care

Carl
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-dsc02455-custom-.jpg  
Old 05-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Registered

Carl, what by the wriing under the dash? Got a pic or whatever of the location of it?
Here in this area or the second pic, where under the panels?
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-dscn3180.jpg   41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-dscn3160.jpg  
Old 05-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

On the bullet i just kept a compressed air horn in the glovebox. Thats enough to make you legal.The T/G has one under the fairing area with NO
hole or vent.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay.....congratulations on the new Apache. I know it's been a what you've wanted for a long time. It's nice to see dreams come true!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jayl13
Carl, what by the wriing under the dash? Got a pic or whatever of the location of it?
Here in this area or the second pic, where under the panels?
Jason

Yes, just find a spot under the dash somewhere by the wiring. Birdog has the right idea also. Keep a compressed air horn in your safety kit if your worried about a CG inspection. Good luck with your new boat !!!!

Regards

Carl
Old 05-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Registered

I'd spray paint the cockpit first
Old 05-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy with the pink boat is a homophobe? that makes no since
Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Registered

Thanks Fred, Appreciate it, and Ill be calling soon with a list of things I have to change, biggest thing is these horns HAVE to get off the deck. I do however need a completely FLUSH fuel fill for the bow, has one of those SS pop cap type things and it sticks up way too far. I know you have those fuel fill cap type for sale but do you have one that is completely flush?

Thanks Carl, Ill just tuck them in under the dash as you said and not worry about venting it or anything.
D42, I would paint the cockpit but that is padded vinyl or pink leather. The stitch work and all is incredible, Herb Stotler had that done and said it was a nightmare to find the pink let alone how much they needed for the cabin and the cockpit.
TopSpin, Yeah right, I guess that makes every apache owner the same as me, for most of them are pink!
Wife said to me the other day, The pink is growing on me. God lets hope that is something I dont say in the next few months.
J
Old 05-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Jay,
It would take a little more effort, but I would look at moving the horns all the forward in the nose so you don't scare the sh!t out of someone in the cabin when you blow the horn. Carl and I don't have a cabin, that's why it's so easy to just stick the horn somewhere in the cabin. Mine is a little electric unit on the forward side of the bulkhead in front of the fuel tanks. Never had any complaints by Coasties when they were doing a safety inspection. I have a GPS antennae on the port side utilizing the old VHF antennae bracket, the VHF antennae is in the cabin on a bulkhead (it don't work worth a sh!t with the antennae in the cabin).

Robert
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!-tonto-pictures-009.jpg  

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Owners, need help!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.