I LOVE this GD boat! >

I LOVE this GD boat!

Notices

I LOVE this GD boat!

Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I LOVE this GD boat!

Okay so we head out into the ocean through a voilent cut (inlet for those of you that boat inland) and was instantly in 2 footers, No problem, boat barely moved up and down, Then into the 3 footers, then 4, 5, 6, 7's and were probably in 7-8's most of the way from Boynton Beach to Lauderdale, with the occasional 10 footer that would just launch us in to the atmosphere, Now I notice as you are running on that front tank trying to keep the nose down gets progressively tougher to do. If I was thinking clearly rather than HOLY CRAP THIS IS FUN, I might have switched to the belly tank and emptied that out first to try to help keep weight up in the front and the nose down some. By nature this boat wants to run with her nose up a bit with minimal input from drives and planes. (thats what I love about it) She handled the rough stuff better than I could have hoped for. Was a violent run none the less but we went an easy 30 miles at about 50-55 MPH (was airborne so much I could not get much more speed) Seas were like a total washing machine, just coming at you from every direction, some small, some huge some holes here and there, just kept slamming along and going. She NEVER EVER got out of control, NEVER got squirley, But one thing, the front fuel fill flipped open from one of our trememdous hits teaching the atlantic ocean who's the boss! Nothing huge, but MAN what a ride this thing provides.
Im SO HOOKED! This 41 is the baddest azz rig around. Some might think they are outdated or out of their prime, Lets see some of these other boats do 50-55 in 7-10's and survive the violent seas that we were out in, My old baja could not take that type of beating for sure. No way on gods green earth! Hell I would break stuff on a calm day in that boat I used to have but this thing, Hell no, TOTAL ROCK!
Lesson learned about which tank to run on in what conditions but now im more prepared for my next trip out, Im getting better at this thing! I WANT MORE SEAT TIME!
J
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: I LOVE this GD boat!

Sounds like fun . The biggest sea's I had mine in was a 6 foot chop.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jay!

Glad to see your enjoying your new ride! Take good care of her! I hope to go for a ride in one, one of these days

Congrats on your boat!! I luv those APACHES!!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

oh it was ruff out there .. but DAMN i love that chit.. FUK the calm waters. there was not 1 sec that we were not airborn .. damn i love where i live

mike
Old 06-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Registered

What does a 10 foot wave look like when you are approaching it? Does it look like a MX style table top or what?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:55 PM
JnT
Registered

That sounds SWEET! Glad you are enjoying your dream boat!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay Congrats on your new 41 Apache! I have been following your 2 year obsessive research for the most gorgeous speedboat on this planet. Good job on your maiden voyage. Looking forward to hearing more.

Eyezlee Jumping gaps in the ocean is very similar to motocross riding. I have been out on the Pacific during a large West swell in Winter, when the ocean started to grow. I was hitting close to 60 MPH and timing the gaps perfectly. The further out, the larger the swell. I was so focused on the crest-to-wave back on/off the throttles that I did not realize how gigantic the swell had become. Only when I stopped to take a breather did I have this eerie sensation that the ocean is vast and wide. We were going up the waves and could see for miles, but down in the trough it was a dark, black place. you could only see 2 walls of water. Then back up to the crest to see endless swell. I then turned South to surf them back home. This was a very big day. My passenger said that when we were in the air, he was looking down 2 stories into the gap.I was so focused that I never knew.

Hugh
Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Jayl13: It sounds like you had a blast! We had a day similar to what you described a few years ago when I owned the Top Gun. The swells were an honest 8' and were spread apart really far so we spent that day just having fun seeing how much hang time we could get. I have never seen another day like that here. We have had rough days, but on this particular day the swells were so far apart that you had plenty of time between them to either stop and rest or get ready for the next one. It was one of the best days I have had on the water.

I am glad that you are enjoying your new boat. That is what they are for...run them! We took the power steering pumps out of mine today, but we will be back running in a day or two. One of the pumps started making noise and the steering got noticeably more difficult when we ran it last weekend, so we yanked the noisy pump out to fix it. Then I figured that since they are the same age we had better do both of the steering pumps while we are at it! No big deal, just another day in paradise!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:24 AM
Lakeside Restorations.com
Commercial Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you had fun for sure!.. It's amazing what Aronow & Saccenti built.. If their boats can't run the waters, the waters cant be run by any powerboat.. Jamie / Lakeside
Old 06-23-2006, 07:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Sarasota Jay?

www.opbafl.com

Quick Reply: I LOVE this GD boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.