Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Houston we have a problem over !!!!! >

Houston we have a problem over !!!!!

Notices

Houston we have a problem over !!!!!

Old 08-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Houston we have a problem over !!!!!

Bummer............best of luck............graphix look great...........m.m........
Old 08-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man not a lifter muncher. What were the push rods doing? - trying to jump through the valve covers? Sent those old pics with paint on sides to ya at work.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:54 AM
Registered

hmmm a lifter thief....................the price of the boat plus the repair....was still a great deal or the schuffle revisited?
Old 08-20-2006, 11:38 AM
Banned

I think Mopower busted a rocker stud a couple weeks ago. I'm guessing the lifters are in the the intake valley.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Registered

These are shaft mounted Crane Cams rocker arms not typical stud mounted (probably another reason these engines are like 30 grand a piece, 900 bucks for rockers OUCH!)
Im going to pull the blower off next weekend and the intake and hopefully the lifters were just pushed out and laying there. The tink tink sound was probably the push rods and the cam bumping around. (push rods look perfect and from a flash light inspection the cam looks okay but Ill have to dig into that next week and im hoping with dart 572 blocks you can at least SEE the cam with the intake manifold and the supercharger off im not sure. At least Ill be able to see it with the lifters out and the intake off and see if there is any scoring on the cam. It is the rear engine so if I have to pull the cam if I can get the balancer off I might be able to pull the cam out inside the boat depending but not sure. I think it has a 2 piece cam cover so I might not even have to yank the balancer off. (that would be helpful big time)
Well im pissed at this happening but Ill manage should not be anything huge I hope. The cylinder has no sounds at all and the piston is fine from what I can tell by yanking the spark plug out and cranking it and using ye old finger over the spark plug hole you can feel it pulling and pushing air through the plug hole so Ill pressurize it with the air compressor and see if it holds pressure. Then at least I wont have to yank the heads. Have to see. I think I am going to switch this to some hydraulic lifters and scratch the roller lifters for more reliability and forget about the 10-20 HP I will loose from it. More reliable is better to me than an extra 10-20 hp. Have to yank the blower to find out the real deal.
Thanks guys.
J
Old 08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered

Woogie, no pics bro
jasonl@falco*****up.info
see if that works.
Thanks
Jason
Old 08-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Registered

damn it
falcone group
one word damn spelling thing on here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Registered

from experiance I would suggest you check the other motor........look at the heals of your shoes they wear pretty evenly left foot to right foot........m.m.........
Old 08-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Registered

Going to call Crane tomorrow and see if there is any warranty on these or if they will replace them or at bare minimum sell me one of the shaft carriers and 2 new rockers for this thing, I dont want to use the 2 rockers that fell out into my hand.
Hopefully the cam is fine and Ill be able to escape this one relatively easy.
J
Old 08-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

See all those little metal pieces in your pic ?....There are more of those in your pan...Just waiting....Pull the engine or it will bite you BIG time !
Sorry, Dude

Quick Reply: Houston we have a problem over !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.