Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
Lamborghini 41 with #6's >

Lamborghini 41 with #6's

Notices

Lamborghini 41 with #6's

Old 02-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nocigarette
what kind if hoarspower can ya get from ghini power...I know they use to run them a bit in the 80's...........

it would be cool to leave the motors in it........
They put out between 725 & 850 WHEN they ran, depending on configuration. I don't know of anyone in the US that ever kept them running for long. Torque was off from similar displacement BBC mills. Their association with Mercruiser was very brief. In fact, the only black ones I ever saw were in the Baja 42 show boat- maybe '87?

They seem to do just fine on the European circuit- maybe you need real Italians to keep them running.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

mel riggs bought the ghini merc. imports as a closeout.......nasty runs them quite well......m.m...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
mel riggs bought the ghini merc. imports as a closeout.......nasty runs them quite well......m.m...
Didn't know that.

I never could understand why they had so many issues- the basics are all there. I don't think I ever heard of major mechanical failures, just gremlins. I do recall one blowing water out of its spark plug holes in the pits at Grand Haven. Maybe '85? I think it was the Michelob Scarab 43.

I wouldn't want to have to deal with the parts- either getting them or paying for them.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

what power did this boat have when new.............
Old 02-23-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
what power did this boat have when new.............

Mark:

Broker indicated boat was rigged by Bobby Moore w/ Lambo V12's and was sent to South America when new. Boat sat unused last 4-5 years.

Who knows.

Wannabe
Old 02-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoseBudRacing
For future posts you may want to consider your audience...your posting both phrases and words that have many meanings and definitions -where your words are read & observed by many who are intrigued by those written and possibly bigoted comments. You’re more then welcome to PM or phone………………………………………………………

Regards.
Your face matches your weirdo comments...call oso again...opps nope....now they have a instant rat button....push it..
Attached Thumbnails Lamborghini 41 with #6's-dscn1184-large-.jpg  
Old 02-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

[QUOTE=Chris Sunkin;2031232] I think it was the Michelob Scarab 43.

[QUOTE]

Was that Don Johnson's old Scarab? That boat was here (in Ventura Ca) for many years. Guy that owns "The Spaghetti Factory" owned it and ran it out here all the time until it sold (went to Michigan I believe) a couple of years ago.

Hey Mark, nasty does run them, but I don't know about how "Quite well"....There's been plenty of runs where he's had his own "issues" with the motors. Things sound bad though!
Old 02-24-2007, 02:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Your face matches your weirdo comments...call oso again...opps nope....now they have a instant rat button....push it..
So, Byrdman, who is it?
Old 02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Some total weirdo....who I know but have blown out of my shop...as soon as I figured out his deal....Christian DelCollo....thinks he knows everything....he has more board enemies than allowed...just a total wack job of a person....as you can see from his posting to MM...the last time he ratted me to oso....no biggie....the balls of him to blast MM....lmao
Old 02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Anyway.....how many rpms do those lambos turn....and how much torque?????....

Quick Reply: Lamborghini 41 with #6's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.