Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Any Dock Space Open?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
Any Dock Space Open?
I took the Myco. Cuban Jorge is greasing the bearings. LOL!
Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
I took the Myco. Cuban Jorge is greasing the bearings. LOL!

THATS THE BEST YOU CAN DO? R U GETTING BORED?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Registered

I'm at bracco's
What do you suggest?
STEAMERS AND BEANSTICKS. TO DIE 4. SAY HI TO JERRY.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:33 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPATH
Hey guys. Haven’t been in OSO for a while and after reading some threads regarding Warpath and its condition, decided to come out and set the record straight for whomever is interested.
When I went to Boston to buy the boat I was very impressed at how original the boat still was. By no means did I believe it wouldn’t take a lot of work to get it where I would have liked it to be. As in all projects of this type you have to assume there will be the usual and the unforeseen problems. Just bringing the boat down one of them.
The first thing I did was to find the people that originally worked on the boat and have them restore the paint and the rigging. Again, this was not as smooth as I would have hoped but in the end I was very pleased and grateful for the hard work and most importantly the passion and commitment Gale Paik and Tom Evans showed. Their love for this boat was apparent, as it should have been, since this boat is much more about their story than it is mine. I am proud of their friendship and uncompromising attention to detail. Thanks, the boat looks beautiful.
While sea trialing the boat, one motor wouldn’t idle quite right, but we still went out. Coming out of Hallover Cut it was very very rough. Let me tell anyone who cares to know, no matter how high it would fly or how hard it would land it was supremely solid. No shakes. No rattles. No vibrations. One solid piece of rock was what it felt like. A very gratifying experience. The illusion of how the boat should feel was in reality how it felt.
Even though the boat felt great, it was evident that it was down on power, so I sent it to Jimmy at the Marine Shop where he found some problems, which though unfortunate were not catastrophic.

#1 The Keith Eckert 1,000 hp motors had high leak down percentages, mostly because of a couple of headers that leaked water into the cylinders.

#2 There were a few stress cracks in the engine compartment.

#3 The drives were set about 1 inch lower than thought optimal.

Now, the fix. The motors were taken out and rebuilt. After inspecting them, we saw almost zero wear. The only problems seen were that the leaking headers messed up some of the exhaust valves. The motors had been built with the very best of internals.
The stress cracks in the engine compartment have been properly repaired at the Marine Shop. Not a major job, since the motors were already out.
When the boat was re-rigged with its current set up by Bobby Saccentti and converted #6 drives it was determined that due to past problems with the transom and the added weight of the #6 drives, a ¼ inch sheet of aluminum should be installed as reinforcement.
According to Tom Evans, it’s perfectly ok and the sheet of aluminum only adds a very negligible 60 pounds to the rear of a 10,000 pound boat. I had almost decided to replace the transom, but after speaking to Tom and Jimmy, decided not to.
As for the drives height, I recently learned, that Sean Stinson spoke to Bobby Saccentti and confirmed what I had been told. The boat with its current set-up ran in the low hundreds. That’s fast enough for me and the kind of speed that suggests the drives height couldn’t be too far off. If there are a couple of mile per hour left by raising the drives, I don’t care. If it ever needs a new transom or I need the extra four miles per hour, if I can afford it, the boat will have it done. All boats, new or old, have issues. The fact that this old race boat had issues wasn’t a surprise to me and shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone else.
Finally, and most important to me, I remember watching this boat race, owning it would have been a dream. It became arguably the most significant boat in Offshore Racing History and brings with it some of the most extreme stories of human emotions and behavior. Passion, ambition, joy, greed, ego, and even Murder. The fact that this boat is still around is almost a miracle in itself.
Some boats are faster, some may be prettier, some will surely be more reliable, but at the risk of sounding arrogant, I wouldn’t trade Warpath for any of them. If you feel the same way about your boat as I feel about mine, or are just happy with what you have, God bless you. I am happy for you too.

JC I left a message for you to call me at your office today!!! Let me clear something up Bobby never rerigged the boat to 6's that was done later through the Fort when Martino or Charlie Ivan were involved with it call Rick Conti as well was involved with the overseeing of the project from what I understand...However Bobby did put the aluminum plate in the transom but bolted the 3's back up to it at that time!!! The top speeds are probably in the low 100's does it have more maybe but who cares??? Put it up against anything in the rough and you will have the ride and comfort while others will beat the dogsnot out of you!!!! You have abeautiful piece enjoy it, cherish it, and above all use it!!!!

Sean Stinson

Last edited by sean stinson; 06-02-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by sean stinson
JC I left a message for you to call me at your office today!!! Let me clear something up Bobby never rerigged the boat to 6's that was done later through the Fort when Martino or Charlie Ivan was involved with it call Rick Conti he was involved with the overseeing of the project from what I understand...However Bobby did put the aluminum plate in the transom but bolted the 3's back up to it at that time!!! The top speeds are probably in the low 100's does it have more maybe but who cares??? Put it up against anything in the rough and you will have the ride and comfort while others will beat the dogsnot out of you!!!! You have abeautiful piece enjoy it, cherish it, and above all use it!!!!

Sean Stinson

SEAN STINSON NO SPEAK WITH FORKED TONGUE. HEAP STRONG MEDICINE......HEAR THAT ED? OR RU 2 BUSY WITH WILBUR......

Last edited by el indio; 06-02-2009 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah. I'm over at the Marine Salvage yard with Wilbur right now. Booking a trip to Palau for a little enjoyment!!!!!!! Do me a favor, load up your old hay boat and feed Wilbur while I'm gone. Use your senior citizen discount at Tractor Supply. LOL!
Thanks
Ed
Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

Yeah. I'm over at the Marine Salvage yard with Wilbur right now. Booking a trip to Palau for a little enjoyment!!!!!!! Do me a favor, load up your old hay boat and feed Wilbur while I'm gone. Use your senior citizen discount at Tractor Supply. LOL!
Thanks
Ed

WASNT HAY DUDE. PAY ATTN. WHAT WILL YOU NAME YOUR BOAT MISS INFORMED?
Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WARPATH
The fact that this old race boat had issues wasn’t a surprise to me and shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone else.
Finally, and most important to me, I remember watching this boat race, owning it would have been a dream. It became arguably the most significant boat in Offshore Racing History and brings with it some of the most extreme stories of human emotions and behavior. Passion, ambition, joy, greed, ego, and even Murder. The fact that this boat is still around is almost a miracle in itself.
Some boats are faster, some may be prettier, some will surely be more reliable, but at the risk of sounding arrogant, I wouldn’t trade Warpath for any of them. If you feel the same way about your boat as I feel about mine, or are just happy with what you have, God bless you. I am happy for you too.
.... 1) It sounds like the owner would not mind having Warpath as a center piece. 2) he is not surprise the boat needs work. 3) he has the money to fix it. 4) he likes the history. 5) he has a running Yellow Warpath and two other ready to go pleasure boats. 6) and most of all he is happy. How more clear can he be.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by casanova
.... 1) It sounds like the owner would not mind having Warpath as a center piece. 2) he is not surprise the boat needs work. 3) he has the money to fix it. 4) he likes the history. 5) he has a running Yellow Warpath and two other ready to go pleasure boats. 6) and most of all he is happy. How more clear can he be.
Amen to that, some people just don't get it or did I miss the post about WARPATH trying to break a speed recond.

Quick Reply: warpath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.