Star Chaser Pics

Old 05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice
Old 06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Registered

Very nice!!! I cant wait to see mine all stripped and all painted white, Since I love white so much I might just leave it all white but hey thats me.
Great job, Great boat and the speed is VERY impressive.
I have not really HAMMERED mine yet so I dont know what speeds I am capable of as of yet and I have always had quite a few people and fuel on for in the beginning like alot of others, I dont want to run lean on the fuel side cause you never know where you will end up down here and without knowing how fast fuel gets consumed until you get really used to your boat I never wanted to risk it but so far I have seen 88 on GPS, cheeks flappin, neck skin wiggling around, earrings pulling back and I did that with 1foot chop in the ICW (and if any of you are law enforcement, im not saying where so I dont get in trouble so SHHHHHHH)

few questions, where can you get your boat weighed in?
Can I pull into one of those weigh stations on like a highway like I95 or something or is that reserved for commercial vehicles only? I would hate to take up time out of the truckers time frame goofin around trying to figure out the weight of my boat.
Good job, always post more photos too!
Jason
Old 06-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Registered

Marine One In Ft. Lauderdale
Old 09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta Bring This One Back To The Top Again <<<< OUTRAGEOUS PACKAGE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Great Job Eric
Old 09-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Registered

I think the white looks nice. Do you plan on adding any graphics, or are you leaving it all white?
What has been the overall reaction from people that see it?

Thanks
Old 09-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jayl13
few questions, where can you get your boat weighed in?
Can I pull into one of those weigh stations on like a highway like I95 or something or is that reserved for commercial vehicles only? I would hate to take up time out of the truckers time frame goofin around trying to figure out the weight of my boat.
Good job, always post more photos too!
Jason
Any landscape yard or truck stop should have scales. Pull in with the boat on the trailer, get the weight, then drop the boat in the drink. Weigh again with just the truck and trailer - viola! You now know how much the boat weighs.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 14 apache
9,600 lbs I am not 100% shure.
I am sure you are pretty close with fuel in it.....Beautiful piece...
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Up and running

Just ran it over the week end 105 with the new 5 blade cnc props at 6100rpm has more left in it maybe 110. 105 flat water 200 gallons of fuel. Motors make 960hp 6700.New props boat handels so much better.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful boat, definitely one of the nicest Apaches, as far as I am concerned. Those are some beefy looking trim tabs.

The exhaust runs alongside the saddle tanks. I wonder about heat/expansion, is there any real problem with the exhausts so close? Is there some kind of pressure bleed, for any excessive pressure build up? I would think the fuel would get hot and expand. Not to mention a possible decrease in horsepower due to high fuel temp, is any kind of cooler used to cool the fuel before final delivery? I have seen box's with fuel line coiled inside and ice added to cool the fuel on funny cars.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SinOjos
Beautiful boat, definitely one of the nicest Apaches, as far as I am concerned. Those are some beefy looking trim tabs.

The exhaust runs alongside the saddle tanks. I wonder about heat/expansion, is there any real problem with the exhausts so close? Is there some kind of pressure bleed, for any excessive pressure build up? I would think the fuel would get hot and expand. Not to mention a possible decrease in horsepower due to high fuel temp, is any kind of cooler used to cool the fuel before final delivery? I have seen box's with fuel line coiled inside and ice added to cool the fuel on funny cars.
Water cooled exhaust only gets about 100 degrees. Not a problem at all.

Quick Reply: Star Chaser Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.