Fixer upper @ custom marine >

Fixer upper @ custom marine

Notices

Fixer upper @ custom marine

Old 09-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
Yeah, the wet bar has a sink and area to store a cooler. Not sure if it was an option but I suppose you could install a fridge if you wanted. A handfull of the 36's had stand-up chitters on the STBD side.

The cabin's are somewhat similiar, although the 36' has almost 6ft headroom at the start and about 5'8" futher forward with a queen size v-berth ahead and couches midway. We have storage on the left side (under the changing table) and also another storage compartment on the right side further back.
I know the 36' has more headroom than ours. If we took out the padded ceiling below plus some of the dash padding, we'd have more headroom, but it's not worth all that.

We have no head....just a bucket in what use to be the head in the middle up near the V-berth.

Our V-berth is huge. We could fit 3 people up there, plus the couches are both a little over 6' long on both sides.

We had a fridge in our Stinger and thought we would want to put one in this boat, but the cooler is really insulated and for the few times a year we use the fridge, it's not worth the time and money.

Air conditioning? That's something I'd like to have, just not sure how it would hold up. Some say not a problem, others say don't bother. We never had air in the Stinger and honestly only needed air a few times over the last 5 summers.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastinger
OK, now that I look closer at your changing table, our entire top pics up to where the cooler/sink are. They are not out in the open at all.

Honestly, I like the cooler/sink area below the top because I can store stuff in there and it's not bouncing around below in the cabin while we're running.

In addition to the wet bar, you will also find an Indian head dress, bow and arrow (suction cup of course), Indian Pumpkin Seeds, Candy Corn, Squaw necklace, a mini-drum.....our friends......where would we be without them LOL!
R&B .. what bouncing around is that you're talking about???? You're on an Apache ... they don't BOUNCE AROUND!!!!!?! LOL
Old 09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NJgr8ful
R&B .. what bouncing around is that you're talking about???? You're on an Apache ... they don't BOUNCE AROUND!!!!!?! LOL
Bad and old habits die hard LOL! Remember, it's only been 4 weeks since we've owned the boat. I still look for the entire contents of the V-berth to be on the cabin floor where I use to put all the Stinger stuff cause that's where it always ended up!

I do have to say that in all the running we've done the past few weeks, I've only had to go down into the cabin once and pick stuff up that was left on the "changing table" and "wet bar"!
Old 09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Panther,

Ours (Cabin) is exactly the same as yours. Sand toys fit nicely in the compartments under the changing table.

We are getting ready to head to the lake tonight. Our little man will be attending his First OSS race this weekend, it should be a great time even with small fry in tow.

He cought the beginning of the Discovery show about Miss Geico last night and kept saying "Vroom Vroom."

You guys will have a blast with your little one next season!!
Old 09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Air conditioning cabin is a must!
Attached Thumbnails Fixer upper @ custom marine-img_0057.jpg   Fixer upper @ custom marine-img_0058.jpg   Fixer upper @ custom marine-img_0056_2.jpg  

Old 09-28-2007, 06:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
My buddy has copies of $50K worth of work done to this boat not long ago...

His opinion, since he knows the boat and owner better than I do is that the dash, interior and wiring needs attention.

Some of the $50K included, drives, trans, new cylinder heads and components.... list goes on....

I don't need a boat this big...otherwise I would have gotten it myself. It would be fun project and one that would bring the retail value up with the rest of the other 41 Apaches that are for sale.
You should broker the boat. What you've posted it 10 times what Peter knows about the thing. All he could tell me is "it starts and it's useable- we know nothing else".
Old 09-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Registered

Wasn't that the 41 that had a matching Chevrolet dually with it when it first hit the market back in the day?
Old 09-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by SinkorSwim
Wasn't that the 41 that had a matching Chevrolet dually with it when it first hit the market back in the day?
Yes, same boat, truck was given to my friend.

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You should broker the boat. What you've posted it 10 times what Peter knows about the thing. All he could tell me is "it starts and it's useable- we know nothing else".
His statement is accurate but doesn't do a darn thing to move the boat. I'm surprised he doesn't know more..... A few phone calls is all it would take....

I work in sales for a living and if I didn't know my products I wouldn't be able to sell a damn thing.....

Last edited by Panther; 09-28-2007 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lucy
Air conditioning cabin is a must!
Is that your cabin?????
Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by rastinger
Is that your cabin?????
Looks like the SeaRay to me!

Quick Reply: Fixer upper @ custom marine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.