41 Apache Warrior

Notices

41 Apache Warrior

Old 12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Yup!

Storage here in NJ at the local marina is $135 ft for the 6 month summer period... winter storage is additional...

Insurance for a boat like this (if it's even covered) I'd venture to guess is around $2500...give take...double that if you live in florida or in warmer areas where you boat year round.

So, you haven't even used the boat yet and you're looking at roughly $8K and the boat hasn't hit the water yet... You could easily spend that much in fuel for the season as well... OR, if you trailer... $50K for a new dually diesel...

Now add maintenance on top of that.... I dunno.. pulling rough numbers (I don't keep track because I'd chit myself).... $5K in a good year.... $15K in a bad year (blown drive's etc.)..... $20K in an engine rebuild year (every 4-5 years at this power level).... These are conservative estimates IMHO...

So anyway..... the price on the boat is still low.... you can probably buy it...part it out..then sell the bare hull or buy it and re-rig and have a beautiful machine..or buy it..do minimal maintenance work and use it... Ball's in your court..

Last edited by Panther; 12-18-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: add
Old 12-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a diesel truck, I have a shop to store and work on the boat and I have a wife that seems to always do the wrong thing with money.

But hey what's new, I really like this boat and if somebody besides me buys it I hope they take good care of it.

I don't have the problems that you guys are faced with at my home in Texas I have three acres in the country a home and shop.

I rebuild my own engines and transmissions I wire fighter aircraft for a living and I learned composites from working on the F-117, I meant what i said, I do almost everything myself.

The things that I am not familiar with are upholstry (my Mom is) and speedmaster drives, I have rebuilt several OB lowers and they are all still going strong.

The boat would sit on it's trailer at my house when not in use and we don't need winter storage.

I was just surprised at the fuel consumtion because I am use to diesels and they just don't use as much fuel, if i remember correctly it was 18gph at cruise speeds and 22 gph wide open.

I am glad that you all can afford to maintain your boats up there in the north if I lived up there I probably couldn't afford to own one.

I once considered an offer for imployment in california but the cost of living was so expensive there that it was more cost effective to stay where I am, plus the gun laws out there make me sick.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

John,

I wasn't trying to talk you out of the deal but I don't know you so I didn't want you to go into it blindly!

I grew up as a marine mechanic and do most of the work myself. If not for knowing how to do it, I too couldn't afford to own my Apache.

Nowadays, there are certain things that I leave up to the experts because of the amount of spare time I have to do the work on my own, which is limited these days. If I didn't have extra money, be darn sure I'd be doing everything myself and be boating much less!

Anyway, as long as you know what you're getting in to, best of luck! I couldn't live with my concience if you bought the boat then all the sudden it was more expensive to maintain than you originally planned for and then you would be posting how upset you were.

so anyway, it has to potential to be a great boat as long as the buyer knows what they are getting.

I passed your email along to my friend Bill and asked if he could get in touch with Steve and talk to you about the boat, even though he doesn't own it anymore.

Frank
Old 12-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Not sure about this boat but my boat burns about 40 gallons an hour at cruise speed (3600 rpms).
Old 12-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered

John PM me and I can give you the history & some receipts.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Registered

Great 40gph isn't too bad, honestly I don't plan on running it much. Maybe 15 to 20 hours a year in fresh water.

My wife and daughter like going to the lake with my dad and myself but it seems like there is always some a$$hole bothering them if they are onshore while we are out fishing.

The Apache would be a place for my mom, my daughter and my wife to get some sun and kick back and read a book while dad and I fish for a while.

About twice a year we run to the gulf and do some salt water fishing off the shell islands about 40 miles out, the wind blows to hard to fish from the boat so we wade fish, I almost always catch and release so the only fish box we need is my 128 quart cooler.

The Apache would have a wonderful retired life with my family and would probably last for a long time.

The reason I do things myself is not because I can't afford to pay someone else, it’s because nobody does a good job anymore and I just can't trust hiring work out.

My dad had a bilge pump put in his Bullet and the jacka$$es didn’t put any sealer on the screws I found it a year later when I replaced his fuel tank hoses with aircraft hose.

I had to shop vac all the water out and use heaters to dry the area out after I cut some small patches out, then I shot it full of foam and reglassed the patches.

He was heartbroken over that whole situation, but it's all good now.

It's a pain,but most of my family trust me and me alone to do work on any of our stuff.

I am just a regular Joe I was in the Military for 8 years and now I work for the Army as a civilian, so I'm not rich but I'm resourceful.

Last edited by John.Vaught; 12-19-2007 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 12-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Registered

Here'a a picture of the boat from the mis 90's in typical Sept. NJ waters for all you bashers of the boat
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-vel-001.jpg  
Old 12-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Crap... Makes me want to go boating!

Here's one of Steves boat at the dock for Dippel's party.
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-dippel.jpg  
Old 12-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BBILL1174
Here'a a picture of the boat from the mis 90's in typical Sept. NJ waters for all you bashers of the boat
Wow!
That brings back memories.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Wow!
That brings back memories.
Will we see you out there next year? I would like to put together a run with all the local boats! Freeport would be a fun run!

Here's another pic of the Warrior!
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache Warrior-all.jpg  

Quick Reply: 41 Apache Warrior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.