Allez Vite >

Allez Vite

Notices

Allez Vite

Old 07-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyB
I have seen the motors and they look bad azz.
butttttt will they run as good as they look???????????
Old 07-23-2008, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
The list is too long for me to begin........why so long. For one I suppose I should start with why would an engine builder put connecting rods back in an engine after they are in a blow up and have pepper marks all over them. We did over $4500.00 worth of labor and extras for Steve to help save him money and do the job correctly. There are 3 sides to every story and it's unfortunate some people have blinders on and can't see or appreciate a good job!! I want to see this thing run more than anyone out there!! I think it will shock ya!! I really hope she goes back together, I even offered to go up and help.
Maybe you should have just told Steve it was going to take you 16 months to build his engine. Then he could have taken them to someone else? Problem solved. I guess it doen't matter now. The damage is done.

Last edited by Ziploc; 07-23-2008 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by el indio
butttttt will they run as good as they look???????????
I am sure they will
Old 07-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrhorsepower1
The list is too long for me to begin........why so long. For one I suppose I should start with why would an engine builder put connecting rods back in an engine after they are in a blow up and have pepper marks all over them. We did over $4500.00 worth of labor and extras for Steve to help save him money and do the job correctly. There are 3 sides to every story and it's unfortunate some people have blinders on and can't see or appreciate a good job!! I want to see this thing run more than anyone out there!! I think it will shock ya!! I really hope she goes back together, I even offered to go up and help.
Alright, let's start at the top.
"The list is too long for me to begin........why so long." Even if that list starts with mining the raw materials from the ground with hand tools for all the new parts and transporting it to the foundry with a horse drawn wagon for forging, 16 months is still BS.

Let's stick with your question format. How about this one? Why would an engine builder disassemble a set of motors with connecting rods that had "pepper marks all over them" and put them on the shelf and wait until the assembly process to determine they needed to be replaced, stalling the build for 3 months? Anybody.....Anybody? Bueller..... Bueller?

"We did over $4500.00 worth of labor and extras for Steve " I can't speak for Steve, but if I'm given the option of 1) getting $4500 of free labor and extras on a build and sitting out two seasons or 2) paying the $4500 and getting my motors when they were promised, I'm going for door number 2!!

"it's unfortunate some people have blinders on and can't see or appreciate a good job!! " Blinders? Nope, no blinders here. We just understand what it takes to do a good job and have seen it done before with other builders. What we don't appreciate is someone pissing on our head and telling us it's raining.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered

PEEP
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs down

It's a shame that a great guy got totally hosed-over by this Bozo.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SKRAMER
I think a year for two engine is way out of line. Just my .02
WHAT YOU TALKIN TO ME ??? ..I am not commenting !!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarab3DMC
WHAT YOU TALKIN TO ME ??? ..I am not commenting !!
NO Kidding. Sorry to open the wound!!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApachePete
You hit the nail on the head Pete. This guy really screwed over Steve. Gellner joins the long list of half-assed engine builders in this world.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ApachePete
were they not zull motors...

Quick Reply: Allez Vite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.