All Apache Owners Needed >

All Apache Owners Needed

Notices

All Apache Owners Needed

Old 01-24-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
there was only one made, the rds kid apache boat. some people were saying that megatoy is a 45, but in reality I think it is a 42 Comanche with triples, done later by Mr. McManus.

MEGATOY WAS A COMANCHE
Old 01-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megatoy HIN

If Megatoy is a Comanchee, she will have a HIN starting with KFL or KPA. Hence my post regarding the HIN code for the 45 Apache, this would be APH I assume. If Megatoy is a Comanchee, and made by Mark McManus, that too would be APH, correct me if I am wrong.
I am not too familiar with the American system of selling boats, but do you not have to prove what type of boat, manufacturer, year built. In todays modern world and indeed in the past also, there have been many identity fraud scams in all walks of life, why not in boats.
One post on OSO, mentions that the old Apaches are worth a lot of money, what protects the buyer? What stops anyone coming along with a metal stamped tag, and replacing the old one?
Old 01-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

APH were Saccenti Apache's, AB8's were Kramer Apaches.

All boats made are supposed to have 2 identical HIN numbers on/in the boat. The obvious one is on the stern, the second is somewhere inside the boat and it's different for every manufacturer. So if someone double stamps a boat (illegal) or grinds off numbers on a stolen boat you can call the manufacturer and ask where the second HIN is...

Last edited by Panther; 01-24-2010 at 01:44 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sooty
If Megatoy is a Comanchee, she will have a HIN starting with KFL or KPA. Hence my post regarding the HIN code for the 45 Apache, this would be APH I assume. If Megatoy is a Comanchee, and made by Mark McManus, that too would be APH, correct me if I am wrong.
I am not too familiar with the American system of selling boats, but do you not have to prove what type of boat, manufacturer, year built. In todays modern world and indeed in the past also, there have been many identity fraud scams in all walks of life, why not in boats.
One post on OSO, mentions that the old Apaches are worth a lot of money, what protects the buyer? What stops anyone coming along with a metal stamped tag, and replacing the old one?

comanche is kpa
Old 02-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick Tempered was never a race boat. It was/is a full cabin boat formerly one of the "Hogg" boats...the owner also had a 41.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

What about 41st Airborn?