Apache 47 Little Caesars Pizza

Notices

Apache 47 Little Caesars Pizza

Old 10-29-2017, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerThat99
My Buddy recently purchased the Little Ceasars boat. He had a nice trailer built, hauled it out to his shop in Reno. It will be restored. I don't know when as he is just finishing the restoration on Straight Arrow (41) and is starting the restoration on Lucky Strike.
Any updates with this. I was just talking with Tres on FB about the boat.
Old 10-31-2017, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 3,033 Likes on 994 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhythm and Blues
Any updates with this. I was just talking with Tres on FB about the boat.
Dave's still working on it and the other 4 Apache's he has. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), his attention to detail is very extreme and everything has to be 100% perfect, thus these re-builds (not re-store, he's re-building these freakin things from the stringers up) take many years to complete. I did a story on Straight Arrow for Speed On The Water in 2014, the boat was nearing completion but not there yet. That was after 3 or so years of work already. It was finally completed last year. He's only in the early stages of Ceasars since Lucky Strike is in front of that.

Little Caesars is Dave's "epiphany" boat - Meaning it's the first boat he saw that got him hooked on offshore powerboats. I think it's a real dream come true for him to own it and I do believe he's going to re-build it to it's original look with triples and original paint (which if you remember someone painted it all white and converted it to staggers, though never rigged). We've talked about it in the past and I think he's really leaning on doing this instead of building it new like he did with Straight Arrow. It's one of the most iconic Apaches ever and should be built to it's original look, pink and all.

Any of these Apaches Dave / TKO does...You just have to be patient. It's worth the wait.

Last edited by thisistank; 10-31-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Dave's still working on it and the other 4 Apache's he has. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), his attention to detail is very extreme and everything has to be 100% perfect, thus these re-builds (not re-store, he's re-building these freakin things from the stringers up) take many years to complete. I did a story on Straight Arrow for Speed On The Water in 2014, the boat was nearing completion but not there yet. That was after 3 or so years of work already. It was finally completed last year. He's only in the early stages of Ceasars since Lucky Strike is in front of that.

Little Caesars is Dave's "epiphany" boat - Meaning it's the first boat he saw that got him hooked on offshore powerboats. I think it's a real dream come true for him to own it and I do believe he's going to re-build it to it's original look with triples and original paint (which if you remember someone painted it all white and converted it to staggers, though never rigged). We've talked about it in the past and I think he's really leaning on doing this instead of building it new like he did with Straight Arrow. It's one of the most iconic Apaches ever and should be built to it's original look, pink and all.

Any of these Apaches Dave / TKO does...You just have to be patient. It's worth the wait.
Thanks Tank! I actually saw a link on FB about the article the other day.