Notices

28' Brave "bottoms up" background info.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:18 PM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That Cig came out amazing!
Sorry to hear about the theft!
I'm another Brave owner, eager to see your work on that one!
Hopefully soon!

Julian
Old 05-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by UltimateOffshore
Thanks guys for the compliments. It took me 8 months to build that 38! As far as staggering the 28, I told Eric I wanted to do something different being that the boat is to be used as a show piece. He liked the idea of the short stagger with a shortened belly tank and some saddle tanks like the 36. Putting the saddle tanks in around the CG should help maintain the same attitude. But, with any extra weight being dispersed fairly evenly it "should" perform even better at higher speeds. Who Knows???
Curious what did Eric do with the tanks in his 28 apache race 3 man bolster that has been for sale for years.

Since the engine bulkhead is so thin does it really provide a lot of structural necessity? I ask because I am very curious how easy it would be to modify the engine hatch, back portion of the back seats, and engine bulkhead to all lift up with the hatch and significantly improve engine access. Something exactly the same as 31 bullets and 28 active thunders. Or perhaps a modification of just the back portion of the back seat and bulkhead that can be removed for better engine access. What do you think? Could it be done successfully without compromising structural integrity?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

What ever happen to this boat?
Old 03-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was still sitting in the parking lot last time I went by. My daughter practices softball down the street from his shop, but we haven't practiced since Jan. because she is playing HS softball until next month. Will check next time I go by there.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

That was a friend of mines boat. Was sold before the fire. The boat was on the Ticfaw when He had it. Glad to see it being repaired. I though it was a goner.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered

Ok, so it's back to work on the little 28!!! I'll get some pics up when I can get some final glasswork done between our much needed rain showers. The plan right now is a short stagger configuration. Don't quite know yet about the seating arrangement, but what the hell. I'll be making a new dash layout, as well as a mold for it, filling the the transom, re-drilling with a higher X and obviously closer centers, figuring what to do about the fuel tank...... At least I got a set of Bravo's and Latham steering. One step out of many. Sorry for the delay, had to regroup after the theft. Time to go now!!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear. I drove by a couple weeks ago and still saw it sitting there. Good luck with it, my daughter practices at NTC on Tues. & Thurs. Maybe I 'll stop by sometime.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Please do!! Give me a heads up if you can, I'm working in the Keys a lot this time of year. 352-536-5300