Fastest Apache Cat & V?

Notices

Fastest Apache Cat & V?

Old 12-25-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47 apache quick tempered

I am the crrent owner of the boat and like everyone i did not believe the 117mph but i went through the stored info on the gps and there it was 117mph so unless somone drove it on the highway at this speed the boat did go that fast. The boat was finished this past summer and we had seen 96 mph with 3 people analf tank of fuel at 5100rpm. When i had the motors built i wanted to run on 93 octane and i wanted the motors to last so right the motors are turned down to about 1025 hp. We are still testing props and i think we can get it to 100mph. The boat is very light and gets on plane with little effort and no tabs and you almost forget how big it really is until you look out to the end of deck that seems to be never ending.this summer when i was parked next to fire water my boat sat about 10 inches higher out of the water then it did so you know its it has to be much lighter and that is how you can get the mph
Old 12-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOCONCEPTS
I am the crrent owner of the boat and like everyone i did not believe the 117mph but i went through the stored info on the gps and there it was 117mph so unless somone drove it on the highway at this speed the boat did go that fast. The boat was finished this past summer and we had seen 96 mph with 3 people analf tank of fuel at 5100rpm. When i had the motors built i wanted to run on 93 octane and i wanted the motors to last so right the motors are turned down to about 1025 hp. We are still testing props and i think we can get it to 100mph. The boat is very light and gets on plane with little effort and no tabs and you almost forget how big it really is until you look out to the end of deck that seems to be never ending.this summer when i was parked next to fire water my boat sat about 10 inches higher out of the water then it did so you know its it has to be much lighter and that is how you can get the mph
It's a beauty! Best of luck with that 47.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AUTOCONCEPTS

I hope it's lighter, Bobby's boat is a pleasure setup and weighs 22,000 lbs
Old 12-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

I'm in no way knocking Quick Tempered, its a very nice boat, just nowhere near 117 with twins
Old 12-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

It ran 117. I posted a picture of the gps on a thread here somewhere. I was also running crash boxes. One of my favorite boats.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joker
It ran 117. I posted a picture of the gps on a thread here somewhere. I was also running crash boxes. One of my favorite boats.
Not a chance it ran 117 ,sorry
Old 12-25-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Here we go...yeah it did
Old 12-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DrGaryDC
Kemosabe? really, what does that run?
I always considered the Apache's the standard for the phrase...Don't tell me how fast you can go...show me how well you go fast.

I saw John run that boat in lake michigan a few years ago in honest 7-9's and he left everyone in his wake. He told me later he went as fast as 104 in that stuff......WOW!

They are just awesome machines. The last of the real rough water V's. I wouldn't care if I had one that couldn't crack 70 as long as I could boat any day I wanted and go 50. I just love everything about those boats.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Here ya go

Post #106 when you click the link

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...ml#post2571236

Post #106 Quote

Well, were getting there 117 mph @ 5800 rpm with the motors running @ 1200hp. Steve and crew got the set up right the first shot! Thanks guy's!!
Attached Thumbnails Fastest Apache Cat & V?-dsc00536.jpg  
Old 12-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks cougarman.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.