Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Apache
42 mcmanus commanches >

42 mcmanus commanches

42 mcmanus commanches

Old 01-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Default 42 mcmanus commanches

Okay...how many 42 Commanches are out there? Who's got pics. My favorite one was seen a couple years ago stripped for about 75k no motors. All I know is it had orig. cobra blown motors and had liike 3 or 4 blue stripes across the back and the owner was from Taquesta, Fl. I think John Pompi rigged it. Pics?
Others: Team Prime, Off Duty (now P1 pace boat), The one from NY w/wolf mural...maybe warcry? ( this guys brother had Ultimate Warrior 41 Apache), Snakebite maybe, Cochise, any others and pics of all? Let's see'em!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 AM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

There is a a pretty good couple of handfuls of them.....War Dancer was/is an Apache with a different fairing put on it at a later date when it was redone could be wrong but don't think so.....The P1 pace boat was the original one I and it went from there
Old 01-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sean stinson View Post
There is a a pretty good couple of handfuls of them.....War Dancer was/is an Apache with a different fairing put on it at a later date when it was redone could be wrong but don't think so.....The P1 pace boat was the original one I and it went from there
war dancer...that's the name. from NY w/ Zuls. Any one got pics of these (esp. the one w/a few blue stripes at the back, rest of boat white)?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sean stinson View Post
....The P1 pace boat was the original one I and it went from there
Off Duty, built for Fred K, Twin 800Sc & 6's. All the switches had cartoon characters......I believe.
Also, I remember an article in one of the powerboat mags where it raced a Ferrari (down the Keys?) I hope some one has that article and posts it up. Couple of them had 3 engines & 6's.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 01-27-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Registered

the one is actually called SnakeDance, and i think it got bought last year and ended up in Jersey. Had 525sc's and bravos in it.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:03 PM
Registered

SnakeDance...yes staggered 525s. Memory is coming back a little. Now that I remember, I think it was Megatoy...this was maybe the first (1991) 42 Commanche w/ triple 1000s and later converted with 2 side by side 1000 Teagues repainted all white w/ yellow interior. Mcmanus site has one hull listed I think used to be the triple Team Prime boat now cut for 2 side by sides. I see Geico has an orange one...which one did this use to be? Wasn't Cochise a 42 Commanche?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by no limits View Post
Wasn't Cochise a 42 Commanche?
I think so.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six View Post
I think so.
Yes
Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

There were 2 42 triples.....Team Prime and the other one belonged to a french guy and then it went through Arrudas hands to Geico to a guy named Jay that has it now and it was converted to twin side by side
Old 01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
The Illustrious One
Charter Member

Mega Toy was the name as mentioned earlier of the one that Scotty B's dad raced

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser