Originally Posted by kidapache
its getting cut up now they are making it a three man boat

That boat will never run the same.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Meshinsky's Apache was set up perfect.

My father's boat will NEVER run the same.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OFFICIAL BUSINESS
My father's boat will NEVER run the same.
Well, I know that there are faster 47's with higher horsepower and 6's. But, I have yet to see one better balanced in big water then your fathers. I believe that is what made it outstanding. As to how it will run when these guy's are through with it..........right now that remains unknown. They certainly look capable of fine work.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 02-11-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Well, I know that there are faster 47's with higher horsepower and 6's. But, I have yet to see one better balanced in big water then your fathers. I believe that is what made it outstanding. As to how it will run when these guy's are through with it..........right now that remains unknown. They certainly look capable of fine work.

My dad's boat out ran the other 47's but the problem is the boat SANK! Why do you think we got rid of it? Many owners have purchase that boat and same story - leans to one side.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OFFICIAL BUSINESS
My dad's boat out ran the other 47's but the problem is the boat SANK! Why do you think we got rid of it? Many owners have purchase that boat and same story - leans to one side.
I wasn't aware that it could out run Little Caesar's, that is impressive.
I remember you discussing that it sank and the wood absorbed water. I would think that this gentleman is well aware of that and certainly capable of replacing the wood. He is set up, skilled, driven and obviously well financed. He loves his Apache Powerboats. I expect we shall see some more fantastic work from him. Just thinking out loud here.......Your father's Apache with all new wood and three of those Carson Brummett turbo engines coupled to dry sump 6's. That would be an awesome Race 47 Apache Powerboat. $

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 02-13-2014 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know which 47' was owned by Phil Hall of Powerquest? Saw it awhile back derigged. Looks like some work was being done on the bow to create either a custom deck Supposedly a '98 but who really knows.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

47 that was at Powerquest was called Optavian or something like that it was dropped overseas and had a new hull put on in 1998. I looked at buying it years ago in Florida but passed when I was knee deep in water in the cuddy.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what ever happened to medcine man. is it for sale.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
That one & Little Ceasars are my favorite 47's I think. That video of Lucky Strike racing is as cool as anything I've seen.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwjMgDl02k
[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnbmh16_2o[/YOUTUBE]

My Buddy in Reno recently purchased Little Ceasars. He also owns Lucky Strike. He had a nice tandem axle, dual wheel trailer (same as Straight Arrow) for it then hauled it out West. Lucky Strike has started the restoration process.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerThat99
My Buddy in Reno recently purchased Little Ceasars. He also owns Lucky Strike. He had a nice tandem axle, dual wheel trailer (same as Straight Arrow) for it then hauled it out West. Lucky Strike has started the restoration process.
Have any of the Apaches he owns been wet yet? I can't wait to see how they run when completed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.