Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam View Post
Sold.
U buy it?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Registered

My Boat: 40' Skater, 28' Skater, Statement CC

No. Kicking myself. Called 2 days after big price drop and.......gone. I just hate buying stuff that I have to get on a plane to see. I've had one really bad experience because I didn't get on the plane.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
No way.....I would be stunned if it cracked over the 85 mph stated earlier.

Boat is unique, the black paint makes the boat so painting/changing it would ruin the boat IMO. Just stay off the deck barefoot, you will only forget to wear shoes once!

Both 36 Apaches in the classifieds are cool boats.
Not too far fetched. A 36 pleasure with 1000's and wet sump 6's runs 103. 800's...Low to mid 80's sounds right.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Registered

My Boat: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Anybody know the details on the late owner? Seemed like he lived the dream. Put many hours on his yacht cruising the globe. Running his apache into all kinds of exotic ports for the past 15+ years. Sucks he passes but sounds like he had a spectacular life.

An on a side note, I agree, I would not change one thing about Bull Roar. Perfectly done and a timeless classic.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank View Post
Anybody know the details on the late owner? Seemed like he lived the dream. Put many hours on his yacht cruising the globe. Running his apache into all kinds of exotic ports for the past 15+ years. Sucks he passes but sounds like he had a spectacular life.

An on a side note, I agree, I would not change one thing about Bull Roar. Perfectly done and a timeless classic.
I went to high school with his son......owner was Donald Flynn and he was the CFO of many of Wayne Huiznega's companies including Waste Management, Blockbuster Video and he created the largest auto parts salvage company in America in recent years (LKQ). He put 300k nautical miles on "Battered Bull" a 180 ft Feadship and diving was one of his passions. He had many offshores from Excaliburs to early Top Guns (one was Bull Roar and had a paint scheme similar to 90 mph paint but it wasn't solid red and the other was "The Waster" a white TG with yellow/gray accents and a hawk logo on the sides)

His oceanfront house just north of the Hillsboro inlet is for sale for 20mm(original list was 40mm) in addition to Battered Bull (25mm at last list price) so the guy had cool toys!
Old 07-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boat: 2013 21' Scout

I spoke to "The Chief" Bobby Saccenti today about Bull Roar.. He said he handled the purchases for an old buddy Michael Greenfield who lives in Boca Raton Florida that owned another 36’ Apache back in the eighties. . After a detailed inspection of Bull-Roar Bob said it’s as good as the day he built it. Looks like Mr. Flynn (the late owner) took great care of his toys. The new owner wants Bob to tweak up the performance slightly to meet today’s standards. It's great to see this beautiful classic back and with a new performance attitude.....

Last edited by PhilV30; 07-09-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Registered

My Boat: 28 Pantera 24 Python

What is that on the deck???
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PhilV30 View Post
I spoke to "The Chief" Bobby Saccenti today about Bull Roar.. He said he handled the purchases for an old buddy Mike Greenberg who lives in Boca Raton Florida that owned another 36’ Apache back in the eighties. . After a detailed inspection of Bull-Roar Bob said it’s as good as the day he built it. Looks like Mr. Flynn (the late owner) took great care of his toys. The new owner wants Bob to tweak up the performance slightly to meet today’s standards. It's great to see this beautiful classic back and with a new performance attitude.....

Great story! Btw that appears to be Royal Palm Yacht club in the background (I worked there 25 years ago) and Flynn was a member and lived on a canal to the right about 1/3 mile east. So that Apache roamed those same waters with the original owner!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered

My Boat: 40' Skater, 28' Skater, Statement CC

Great story. Beautiful boat. Lucky new owner.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Very Envious of the new owner, would have loved to be able to see that boat on LOTO.....Congrats!!!!

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser