Notices

1991 Apache 28' Deck Hatch Replacement

Old 09-12-2015, 12:41 PM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Apache 28' Deck Hatch Replacement

Hey guys,
Has anyone replaced a deck hatch on an Apache Brave 28'? Mine is broken and I can't seem to find one online with the same dimensions I measured. I measured from the outside of the flange, where it meets the ceiling headliner, in the cabin, and got a 17" x 17" opening in the headliner. The hatch itself is plastic and says it's a Bomar, but I've been unable to find one that matches.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

JCG
Old 09-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Call Bomar, but get ready for sticker shock http://www.pompanette.com/pomp.nsf/Subsites/bomar
Old 09-13-2015, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

Have you called Bobby S? He'll be able to help you. How's that 28 doing, always liked that one?
Old 09-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

What part of yours is broken? Ours blew the glass out on the poker run yesterday.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:03 AM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply's guys! I emailed Bomar and Bobby S. Will see what I find out.

Nykamp, sad to say the boat has been sitting for a while, with one of its engines out. Right now we're putting together the motor and getting everything else ready to get back in the water. The Hatch is one of those details that needs to be ready, before I get back to boating. Hopefully will be ready before the end of the year.

Unlimited jd, the hatch had the latches break years ago, when I was using the boat almost every weekend, so there was no way to close it. I think the sun baked the plastic and made it so brittle that I now broke where it pivots. Only options I have are to replace it or maybe to bolt it down, permanently closed. Hopefully can find a replacement, that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks again!

JCG