No center pod >

No center pod

Notices

No center pod

Old 08-27-2005, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: No center pod

How in the Hell do you attach a jpeg file to one of these posts? Every stinking time I try, it comes back with an error message stating that the "file is too large". Please, someone help out here.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:20 AM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am rebuilding my 1997 31' Awesom Thundercat. I was powered with twin gen VI 502 500 HP Mercrusers pushing 28 pitch bravos at 5300 rpm making high 80's. I felt something was heavy on the boat and decided to power up and repair small problems with a new paint job and took to Houston Kustom Kolors for the work. Thery discovered problems with transom. Rotten wood and two pieces of marine plywood scabbed to make the 10' beam. Removed same and used super stromg special 10" single piece to replace. they found that drain from bow cabin was blocked when the factory installed fuel tanks. 1500 gallons H2O were traped in bow of boat. I had to install pumps to drain. Have rebuilt the engines to 540 blowers using B&M 250's and holly twin 750's on each.These Dino 740 HP 6000 rpm with 700 FP torque. Gonna try 34' 5 blades to break 100 mph mark. will advise result
Old 08-28-2005, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbbeard
I am rebuilding my 1997 31' Awesom Thundercat. I was powered with twin gen VI 502 500 HP Mercrusers pushing 28 pitch bravos at 5300 rpm making high 80's. I felt something was heavy on the boat and decided to power up and repair small problems with a new paint job and took to Houston Kustom Kolors for the work. Thery discovered problems with transom. Rotten wood and two pieces of marine plywood scabbed to make the 10' beam. Removed same and used super stromg special 10" single piece to replace. they found that drain from bow cabin was blocked when the factory installed fuel tanks. 1500 gallons H2O were traped in bow of boat. I had to install pumps to drain. Have rebuilt the engines to 540 blowers using B&M 250's and holly twin 750's on each.These Dino 740 HP 6000 rpm with 700 FP torque. Gonna try 34' 5 blades to break 100 mph mark. will advise result
Sounds like you have your heart (and wallet) into your boat. Great seeing others try pride in their rebuild projects. Gotta send some pics. If you have the same trouble that I had, PM me with your email address and we can exchange pics on our projects. Mine has been a two year complete (minus the cabin) redone. Paint, rigging, motors, you name and I have probably rebuild, redone, redesigned, or simply replaced it. I understand your bow water issue. My 98 has six bildge pumps. One for each section of the sponsons. Observation: You store your boat outside when not in use?
Old 08-28-2005, 05:09 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

Hello, I now store the boat inside but believe it was outside a lot before I bought it two years ago. the previous owner had no idea why the boat would not preform so he dumped it for 50K. I discovered water in fuel from breather pointed forward and crack in exaust which solved problem. Boat will be complete in 8 weeks from labor day according to Rob at Kustom Kolor in Houston TX. I am James Beard from Little Rock 501-590-4745 or [email protected]
Old 08-28-2005, 05:23 PM
JBBEARD
Gold Member

I am wondering what ever happened after Jones shut down the Awesome Factory. Has anyone bought the assets and molds ect? are there any Awesome support or owners groups? Will they ever be produced again. I think they are heavy and strong and stable so am rebuilding mine. I hope to hear from other Thundercat fans!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Registered

I love my Awesome cat!!!! True tunnels are the way to go. Less drag= MORE SPEED! The handling is amazing at speed. My friend has a 28 eliminator and it feels very heavy and sluggish at speed. I have the 270 that is listed in the classifieds. I had it to 109 mph on gps 2 seasons ago. ( I "de-tuned" it after watching a friend sit out for 2 months waiting for his "trick" motor to be rebuilt, again) Now it runs 99-102 every time.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered

By the way, if anyone knows someone looking for a 100+ mph cat for under $50,000 tell them to get a hold of me this week. I am expanding my company which forces me to sell my boat fast. No REASONABLE offer refused. How about $20,000 lower than the boat alone was appraised at!!! "above average, better than most for its age, overall condition of vessel is well maintained and in power away condition- this speaks well of the current owner. fair market value $69,250" Make no mistake, this boat will sell. Someone will be bragging about this deal! It truly hurts me to put this up for sale, but I need to pay it off so the bank will give me the money to expand. Thank you 315-952-0850, Darin
Old 08-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbbeard
I am wondering what ever happened after Jones shut down the Awesome Factory. Has anyone bought the assets and molds ect? are there any Awesome support or owners groups? Will they ever be produced again. I think they are heavy and strong and stable so am rebuilding mine. I hope to hear from other Thundercat fans!
Yes the company has been purchased as well as all the assets and molds. They will be produced again sometime soon after everything has been updated. Expect a much higher quality layup, rigging and interiors.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Registered

rotax54 I see the picture's you sent me .COOL,keep me posted on your project
Old 08-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vendetta
rotax54 I see the picture's you sent me .COOL,keep me posted on your project
Glad the pics made it. Send some pics of your boat my way. Like seeing our Awesome's and the owners creativity.

The new owner of Awesome has mentioned having an owners rally or gathering sometime in the future. Possibly planned around the LOTO area. Sorta central located which hopefully would bring in many boats. Time will tell. I know of four Awesome owners here in the Detroit Metro Area.

Quick Reply: No center pod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.