What's the story on...

Notices

What's the story on...

Old 09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my propshaft is about about 1/2" below the hull
Attached Thumbnails What's the story on...-shorty.jpg   What's the story on...-shorties.jpg  
Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
James, I expierenced similar results with the -2 lowers - I had a set of labbed 34 4 blades they were a ***** to get on plane & the boat porposed all the way to 100 as well, I believe what has happed is the boat doesn't have enough leverage to keep th bow up at high speeds... (with the shorties) I went back to stock 32 bravo's turning outward zero toe adjustment this cleaned up most of the porpose problem & to plane the boat is a piece of cake hope this helps stock bravo 4 blades seem to best on my set up
Randy, Don't know who your prop source is, but Jim at Awesome used Hydromotive alot. Especially when he raced the 31. Give Todd at call at 330-425-4266 They know the 31 pretty well.

Also, Sparky at Vicious had told me that the Chris, AO, Awesome and Vicious hulls like an extension box. For more details, give him a call. The placement of the outdrive on the transom varies from each manufacturer slightly. He has his own dimensions that he uses on his hull. I am referring to the horizontal placement, not the vertical.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would think the hydro's would be difficult to plane with the raised X - but i would love to try a pair
Old 09-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

I would think the hydro's would be difficult to plane with the raised X - but i would love to try a pair
Agreed------but with a specific style/model of prop. They have several styles/models. My purpose in mentioning this is to inspire you to call and discuss your particular needs with them. They can make suggestions that I am sure will be of value to you (seeing that they know the Awesome very well).
Old 10-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Registered

We run Hydro P5X 32's on Sagers Vicious the dock banger at Browns every weekend. 114.8 mph gps with custom built 525's the big thing with the Awesome is it needs to go on a diet !!
Ever heard the saying TO FAT TO FLY!!!!! They are not packing enough air to get rid of the hop.
A fixed end tunnel tab works great on this application made out of kevlar and carbon all you need to do is flex it a 1/2 " to create more tunnel pressure to make it float on air.
Gary Cooks old race boat Team Awesome I reset-up with stock sealed 500 EFI's ran 109mph with full interior.
So there is no problem getting the 3100 Awesome / 500 EFI's past the century mark with a little better set.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ViciousOne
We run Hydro P5X 32's on Sagers Vicious the dock banger at Browns every weekend. 114.8 mph gps with custom built 525's the big thing with the Awesome is it needs to go on a diet !!
Ever heard the saying TO FAT TO FLY!!!!! They are not packing enough air to get rid of the hop.
A fixed end tunnel tab works great on this application made out of kevlar and carbon all you need to do is flex it a 1/2 " to create more tunnel pressure to make it float on air.
Gary Cooks old race boat Team Awesome I reset-up with stock sealed 500 EFI's ran 109mph with full interior.
So there is no problem getting the 3100 Awesome / 500 EFI's past the century mark with a little better set.
How long would the fixed tab be? Am I to assume that you like your fixed tab over a center adjustable tunnel tab?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ROTAX454
How long would the fixed tab be? Am I to assume that you like your fixed tab over a center adjustable tunnel tab?
I am sorry ,It is still adjustable just fixed at one end so you flex the tab like a rocker plate.
You dont want a hinge style plate because like a dana or a big trim tab in the center of the tunnel it is too easy to trip the boat, all you need to do is flex the plate a 1.5" to loose the hop the composite plate is the way to go.

Spark
Old 10-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Spark, have you done this before to a 31 Awesome? Is this something you fabricate yourself? Whats involved? I drive through my porpoise zone after 90 but would be nice to loose the hop in the 80-90 zone
Old 10-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Spark, have you done this before to a 31 Awesome? Is this something you fabricate yourself? Whats involved? I drive through my porpoise zone after 90 but would be nice to loose the hop in the 80-90 zone
Yes, I vacuum infuse carbon & kevlar with 3/4 foam core to make the flate stock to build them and a set of trim cylinders works great as accuators.
I the IMCO cylinders because they look trick.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so it's more like a tunnel extension vs a tab? you don't have a pic of this do you?

Quick Reply: What's the story on...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.