Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Awesome
Info on 31 awsome, you guys have any?? (friends boat) >

Info on 31 awsome, you guys have any?? (friends boat)

Notices

Info on 31 awsome, you guys have any?? (friends boat)

Old 06-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laktrash
One other thing if he has thru hull pickup do something about water pressure. This has caused alot of problems and $$ I was running over 60 lbs instead reccomended 24 lbs really hard on gaskets and other things. sorry 'bout spelling I just woke up
Easy solution. Install a Merc water pressure relief valve between the sea pump and the motor. Be ready to spend some $$$$. But, it's spend some now, or spend lot's more later.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
It doesn't have external steering, but has the shocks that help reduce the slop, not make it as harsh..
John jr
John jr, Your friend had better consider purchasing/installing an external offshore style steering system. Look around. Some used complete units are for sale. Handling at speed with his boat is simply---------unsafe.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:30 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I had rec'd that to him, as far as water pressure goes and it def is holding 2 much, well more then 24, we had seen that it was, knew it wasn't good.. I will let him know about the valves.. He is new to a cat...

Thanks John jr
Old 06-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered

when I first found out the problems the valves were on back order the I was told they were bad to break resolved the problem by brazing part of the clamshell opening closed to limit water flow. I think the part # is 863208a 3 or use to be I think for the valve
Old 06-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

when I repowered, I had the hull pick up's filled in & used the drive to pick up water, I still had to add the water relieve valves, but no issues now
Old 07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

LIL update on the boat, some things.. I was off in the first post, thew boat will spin the 26's to 6k no prob.. I have a set of 28's bravos lined up, he is gona try them.. I am also going to get him to spin them in.. seems that it needs way to much trim to get the bow up, but once it is up the boat runs beautiful.. Then next he def needs is the external steering.. The huge water press prob has been fixed with ball valves (about 55 bucks for the pair) and the press is at 23 or so psi when running... Hopefully the bravos lift the bow, the stern a lil while they spin in... All in all he is happy now but it just took a lil, didn't think it needed as much trim to lift the bow, but hey they are hydros on it now.... So with the bravos i would bet that this thing should run in the 80's no prob

John jr
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Try to find some 28 hydros mine rides and lifts so much better with hydro's than bravos all have been worked
Old 07-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

We put a set of 28 bravos on it today.. Night and day difference on how the boat acted... Def seemed to settle the boat, no where near as much drive trim to carry the boat.. But just like the 26 hydros this thing spun the 28's to 5900 no prob... On a side note they only got us about 77 on the gps, kinda slow, but it needs more wheel... I need to find out who did the engines in this boat, what kinda power they are.... Anybody have any info on that part... We are looking for a set of 30's to try out and see what happens... Also gona try to spin the props in with the next set of props... I am not sure if it ran faster with the bravos over the hydros but def didn't get the cavitation getting on plane with the B's and was a world better... Let me get any info on the engines if anybody has some..... They def ahve more ass then 415 hp if it is doing the R's it is with the 28's...

Thanks

John jr
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Registered

I had met the original owner of the boat from the Cleveland area and I believe he told me that Gellner had done a little work to them. Not sure on specifics. Original owners name was Denny, or Dennis.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Originally Posted by StephenA
I had met the original owner of the boat from the Cleveland area and I believe he told me that Gellner had done a little work to them. Not sure on specifics. Original owners name was Denny, or Dennis.
Really, so Dean could have possibly been into these things. I would like to talk to the orig owner on it, wonder if he is a member here??? Hmmmm..
Thanks keep it coming if anybody has it...

John jr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.